Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80960 01/02/13 09:54 PM
Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

1. I prefer this to the other sitting meditation. Does anyone have a preference ?

2. With the Mantras I recognise the OHM but not the MOH ?
Is this meant to be the reverse of OHM or a different mantra. I've tried googling but can't find an answer /

1. To each their own, I prefer the Self Concentration, though when it gets 'quiet' I tend to focus on the Dan Tien or do the Small Universe loop for that part.

2. Not sure. wink Perhaps you're right. ...or it is one of those "practice it, and you'll KNOW" sort of things. Experiment. laugh

~Z

I find the Small Universe meditation to be an incredible focusing tool that can really elevate one's ability to meditate just by having to move the qi around while chanting.

How would you know about it Zakyrus if you never took a SFQG course?

Last edited by Mayflowers; 01/09/13 08:31 PM.

Guess I should clarify that.

What I mean is that, I've studied level 1 and 2, as well as other systems (Like Erle Montaigue--which is 'classical QiGong'), as well as a bit of XingYiChuan (Elemental Fists) and BaguaChuan (Energy Palm Strikes)--though I studied the latter two for enhancement of Universal Energy, rather than "learning to get power" or make 'myself' "better" in the self-ish sense.

I'm a firm believer in philosophizing and sharing/extending Knowledge, "if ya learn something good, extend gratitude from those that you learned it, by sharing it with others..." (thus keeping the 'fractalization of the Cosmos / pyramidal structure of extension' going)

So, I guess partly, that's why I hang around these forms now and then. I never claim to "have all the answers," of course... but share my philosophical view to 'those that can integrate (whatever they need out of it) and assist those (who will go beyond their energy limitations, and extend such insights)

I've also done many other meditations...(involving "other planes of reality", and such as working with the "higher centers")

However, as for going SFQ Level3+ (or taking an 'official class or retreat') I haven't done so. Perhaps, this coming autumn...

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 01/11/13 01:37 AM.

Hi Zak! What does it feel like to have the Small Universe channels open? Have you opened yours?

Can't say they are ALL the way open. (maybe they are and I'm kidding myself) wink

In any event, I'd have to say it feels pretty EPIC.
Some times in meditation, (or just contemplation of 'daily' thoughts) I'd reach a "place" of such UNFATHOMABLE GLORY--so vast and completely incredible, that "all I wanted to do was run and hide, even though I felt compelled to join" almost as if complete integration, would evaporate my perspective of the world forever. 0.o

Love and Light,
~Z

Originally Posted By: Zakyrus
Guess I should clarify that. What I mean is that, I've studied level 1 and 2, as well as other systems

Oh. So this quote from the other thread:
Quote:
Disclaimer: Of course, I have never "officially" taken any SFQ classes

Is a little confusing to me. You bought the Courses of levels 1 and 2 but you haven't gone to take classes from Master Lin?

Zakyrus probably doesn't have the funds or the time to attend an official class for now. I'm on the other side of the world and living in a third world country, I don't have the means to attend a class too, but the Level 1 and 2 courses are enough for me to progress, along with some of the other qigong systems I'm practicing. All you need to progress is an open heart, a focused mind and lots of time and perseverance. In fact, it wasn't qigong that opened my awareness to energy, it was my openness with the aid of my own experiments and meditations, I meditated every night trying to connect with the source and see for myself if something was gonna happen, and after a few months I could feel the energy pulsing and flowing through my body like electricity but it was benevolent and not painful, I was uncomfortable at first but I learned to live in peace with the sensations, It got stronger and stronger with more practice and time. After a few months, I got into qigong thanks to that famous "John Chang" video on YouTube. I believe it was no coincidence that I saw that video, that video ignited a fire in me, a deep longing for something. It was my openness and sincerity that made me aware of qi and not the practices, the practices are just an aid or a tool to connect you to the universe. There is nothing and no one blocking your way to the source, all you need is your body and mind. I think I don't need a teacher to be physically with me right now just to connect with the universe and to strengthen my qi.

Sadly, there are many "Masters" out there who are secretly selfish, some of their teachings are full of useless dogma and rules that may make a beginner confused or worried. I like what Master Lin said "There is no right or wrong way to practice SFQ, there is only good, better and best." I think this applies to most if not all qigong systems, you can see some forms of qigong like Yi Jin Jing vary from practitioner to practitioner because there is no right or wrong way to practice it, only good, better and best. Some "Masters" are just too selfish to make their students realize that there is no right or wrong way to practice qigong. Masters like Master Lin are very rare, there may be some more out there but they are probably hiding and meditating in a temple, a cave or a forest somewhere.

Someday, after some time, I hope my energy would be strong enough to help me teach and heal others for many hours a day. I still have many rivers to cross and mountains to climb, but I know I'll make it there in time.

Last edited by Metal372466; 01/12/13 05:04 AM.

There is even one guy out there who opened his Microcosmic Orbit/Small Universe with only the Level 1 home study course and the Taoist Yoga book (It's not Drew Hempel). I used to read his blog but it was shut down now. From the descriptions on his blog, It must be a very spiritual experience once those channels are opened.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved