Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80987 01/06/13 04:23 AM
OP Offline

I have been practice 1/2 hour active qigong movement and 1/2 hour small universal exercises, daily for almost 2 months. I feel that my insomnia has gotten worse. I have had difficulty falling asleep before starting qigong but I was able to get to sleep eventually. But for the last couple weeks the sleeplessness occurs every other day. Master Lin mentioned that qigong will help give you energy and need for less sleep. Will it cause insomnia?

Every morning when I practice small universe I always drift off to sleep. But at night when I cannot sleep, laying in bed, practicing small universe hope to fall sleep, it does not work. Why is that? Does anyone know? I would appreciate an answer to this question.

Try Self-Concentration. (I seem to recommend this alot)

Small Universe is fabulous for clearing the Primary Channels, yet the energy running through the neck/head area may stimulate or excite neurons, causing you to be energized, you're body is like "let's go! we don't need sleep!" but you're saying "I should *probably* sleep".

As for Self Concentration, it involves relaxing parts of the body, from the head to the feet and then opening channels and then clearing them, there's also a large quiet part (that has definitely pulled me into slumber many a time--often times, I'd even sleep through the closing--in which case the sub-concious takes over the job and does it for you. )

Try it for a few nights, and see where that leads you.

~Z

OP Offline

Thank you Z,

I will try changing to Self Concentration. But if do so, will I miss some benefit that Small Universe provided, such as missing the opening of some certain channel that SU guides you to open.

Jean

Do both. SU in the morning to get you cleared, and fired up. And SC in the evening, for calming. Self-Concentration does the opening of the channels, so as you open the channels in each part of the body, you can also visualize that you are opening and clearing the front and back channels.

This would give you a "quick clear" that may or may not be as "thorough" as SU, but since you pair it with SU in the morning, both meditations would actually enhance one-another (even though you are doing them at "different times")

wink
~Z

You can try practicing earlier in the evening, or do the active exercises at night and the meditation in the morning if you feel the meditation keeps you from sleeping. I find the active exercises very calming and they relax me.

Last edited by Mayflowers; 01/09/13 08:35 PM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved