Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anyone have experience with SFQ for this common condition of awareness of heartbeat (with palpitations) when lying down?

Comment: I really need your help. That is because this causes anxiety, and worsens the insomnia I have long experienced. Often I get only four hours of sleep a night (2 hours of sleep, 2 hours awake, and 2 hours more of sleep. I'm then exhausted during the day.

According to Mayo Clinic, this is often benign. It is frequently related to stress. I plan to follow Zakyrus' suggestion to do Self-Concentration.

What are those of you who have this condition doing to cope with this? Please help if you can.

Other than the suggestions I've given previously, I can't say that I've the "direct answer."

However, besides doing the daily meditations/exercises....try doing the active exercises before going to bed (even for 10 minutes, say do a few minutes of each Level 1 exercises and then do the closing), and then 10 minutes again when you wake up. If you don't get the full amount of sleep, at the very least--those 10 minutes in the morning will give you a turbo-charge which will help not be so fatigued during the day.

~Z

Hel Offline

Have you tried gently following or counting the heartbeat; i.e., be at peace with it, welcome it, be glad that it beats?

I think Hel is on the right track. I have the same thing, awareness of heart beat. I have learned to get beyond it through contemplations (active meditation). I have found contemplating nothingness cleared up the problem. I am still aware of the heart beat, but I now accept it as part of me, not a problem to be addressed. Be happy you have a heart beat until it is time to not!

MB Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Hel, Jefro, and Zakyrus,

I've been applying your suggestions, and this has greatly increased my comfort. Your thoughtful messages and support are wonderful. Your encouragement has made a big difference, and I'm much more accepting. Thank you!!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved