Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Aldaska Offline OP
OP Offline

We are in a house that is a perfect rectangle but at the back door which is facing NE a mud room was added. It is 12 feet long and more than 1/3 of the measurement of that side of the house so we have to calculate it as part of the house with missing areas on both sides. Later a garage was added to the NE wall of the mud room which is 23 feet long so we can go through the mud room right into the garage without having to go outside. My question is do we calculate the garage too as part of the house because the mud room is part of the house and it's attached or do we leave it as a separate entity. I also found several references in other books where they say not to calculate any additions as part of the house unless it is structurally under the same roof as the house. I have not heard Marie address this anywhere. Please share your thoughts and knowledge because it is important to calculate the Flying Stars with accuracy. Thank you all.

My understanding of the course is, if the garage is attached to the house, it's part of the house and is included in the total measurments. Lucky for me, my garage was in a bad direction so I didn't activate it.

Aldaska Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Mayflowers for the response but my confusion is that there is a "mud room" (which is attached to the house)between the garage and the house so it actually isn't attached to the house but to the mud room....any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

If they are all attached together, then you have to use all of them as one building when doing the measurements. If the mud room and garage are in a bad direction then that's all the better..just don't activate it and you can put your garbage cans in that direction.

Last edited by Mayflowers; 01/15/13 02:34 PM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved