Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81095 01/23/13 01:17 AM
OP Offline

Alex, hi!

First of all thank you for your care!

I have questions regarding using acrobat reader.

1)

I have difficulties with photofocus.
When I set zoom to 25% I can see only a blured text.
Is that a solution?

I see text, it is blured, and that's why it goes directly to subconciuos mind.

Am I right?

2) Tap Tap Tap

I have downloaded oxford synonyms dictionary 2062 pages long.
May I scroll pages as fast as I can.
If I scroll one page per second it will take me about 35 minutes.
If I scroll it as fast as I can it will take me about 8-10 minutes

Thanks,
ShivaPrem

Learning Strategies Admin

Have the two pages the fullest setting that the computer screen allows.

It gets tiresome tapping and scrolling only shows a portion of the pages.

Holding the space key is better than scrolling as it loads two full pages at a time.

I have worked on two monitors with a book looping on one monitor flipping 2 pages per second while working on something else. (Found the activating the books quick since I felt I knew the content, contained nothing new so for me it worked.)

You can advance the pages hands free. Set it up in the preferences.

Alex

Maz Offline

Hi Alex and Forum,

I'm not sure whether this has been asked before but can I ask a question regarding PDF viewers...

You've previously mentioned to have the screen as large as the screen possibly allows when viewing 2 pages... but if I am on an iPad say, and I'm viewing a PDF in portrait mode so that I get a good large screen with nicely sized characters, can I still achieve good results when viewing ONLY 1 PAGE at a time? Is it still possible to photoread without seeing the blip? I am fairly certain that I can easily soft-focus at will but worried that maybe I am not really PR if it's just one page at a time.

I apologise if this has been asked before, I did a search and couldn't find anything. I am sure it must have have been asked so maybe you can direct me to that thread.

Kind regards,

Maz

Maz Offline

Hi again,

I wanted to add that I've been browsing your previous posts and blogs and have found various references that help me to understand how an iPad or Kindle device can be used as well as listening to Paul's mp3 files.

I also managed to get the main book I am studying from in Kindle format - which I prefer to the other ereaders because of the page turning and nice 2 column layout. Other readers do not give me the functionality and flexibility of use that Kindle gives me and that I NOW believe I require for PR...

However, this has led me to ask another question which is probably irrelevant because books come in all colours (pages and text). My question is "Is there a preferred or best option to use when PRing with respect to the colour of the page/text i.e. black text on white background or the reverse or perhaps another option background of sepia?" Is this question irrelevant or as I suspect, surely there must be a best combination to ensure maximum results?

Kind regards and thanks in advance...

Maz

You can PhotoRead single pages the same as two pages, just no blip page will appear since you're only viewing one page.

White text on black background is very hard on the eyes. Sepia might be preferred by some as it reduces the glare. One of the reasons that the Kindle reader is popular is that it doesn't glare like a computer screen does and as a result it is faster and easier to read from the kindle screen.

Ultimately it's personal preference. You might like to play with PhotoReading white text on a black background. I wouldn't use it for activation as I've pointed out it's very hard on the eyes.

Alex

Maz Offline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I have an exam in a couple of months and need to explore all possibilities of PRing to make the maximum effort in trying to improve my skills. Up to now, I have not been able to Activate. I PR the book, even individual chapters (only 6 in total) and I've yet to activate. However, I won't be giving up and PR every day at least 3 times, the last one being just before I retire for the night so that I can 'dream' of activating it!

Thanks,

Maz

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved