Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies Admin

Thank you for sharing.

To me, Reading is not about how fast one can swallow the words It's about, how soon can one find those treasures the author has to share that make a difference in my life.

Novels depend on your purpose. If it's for leisure reading do the first three steps and then you probably just rapid read for enjoyment. The more skilled you are at superreading and dipping and skittering the faster your rapid read will be. So it's worth using those techniques as much as you can.

For literary critique the method is different.

Alex

Adarsh Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,
Thank you once again.Its really fascinating.I have started relearning the entire programme fresh.Yesterday i went home and opened my course book.There is a small article on active reading.Paul asks us to super read the article and dip once with a purpose,then super read and dip and mind probe with the questions on page 43 ,then super read and dip again.I could easily pinpoint the answers .I admit i had done this before but the difference was super reading.The trap was i was exposed to millions of material on speed reading in my life.I had a strong belief that super reading is like skimming,this was a huge mental block in my mind(like a blind spot -Pschotoma).Super reading is not skimming,it is glancing at the center of a page with a strong purpose and dipping is zooming in to the words and phrases or sentences that attract you.I know i sound redundant but for me it was an eye opener.Our brain has to be kept open to new way of thinking otherwise it makes its owns assumptions!!!!!I realised that i have never used super reading and dipping as it is supposed to have been used espceially with a mind probe.Meaning without mindprobing questions and purpose super reading and dipping is a waste of time,so much so is skittering.

So purpose purpose purpose !!!!! is the key.As in the results supercharger there is a whole section on purpose!!!!
It is making more and more sense now.

All the 5 steps comes together with the purpose and questions,that is the key otherwise we are applying the techniques mechanically.

So that is why we photo read daily to condition ourselves as the first 3 steps exposes us to the entire text and use the rest 2 steps on one book a day in the beginning so that we enhance our mind body connection as we develop more and more sensory acuity and tune ourselves with the skills!!!

Everything be it a text,be it a novel ,be it a report ,purpose and questions are critical and we go on fine tuning it with each activation so that our absorption of the book is greater and better at each level!!!!

You have released the brakes in my mind by your guidance,thank you so much.
Im doing the photo reading learning course once again.

Do you have seminar retreats in India ,like Once i saw an advertisement in the newspaper that photo reading retreat was held in Bangalore,Karnataka.Do we hold this seminar here regularly.I would like to attend one ,cause doing this with total involvement and no distractions is critical for learning ,its like an immersion.

I have a suggestion to the administration team.Include 10 easy books that is popular in the world that is around 300 pages for beginners to use photo reading.Develop an exercise book and how to use the photoreading steps around these 10 books so that people who learn the photo reading course get a better grip on the 10 books in a month or so and then get thier learning head on!!!!And they should be popular so that they get a emotional satisfaction of being well read!!!

thank you
best regards
Wish me luck with my new learning on photo reading!!!Im begining all over again with the curiosity of a kid ,slowly and in small steps!

Adarsh Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Again,

my daughter is 3 years old.When can i get her into photo reading?by which age?

Those ah-hahs!!!! are insightful aren't they. I ask my students to make a note of them to remember them after the class. So they can review and apply what they learned. You've made a nice record of them here on the forum. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, a big key is your purpose.

As far as I know there are no PhotoReading instructors in India. yet. Our certified instructors are listed here http://www.learningstrategies.com/PhotoReading/Seminar2.asp#middle

Might be one of those instructors is presenting seminars over there so check it out.

It does pay to revisit the course after a while. One does pick up new ideas. Or connect to the ones they missed.

About teaching kids. It doesn't hurt to expose them at a young age. My niece and nephew got to watch me flipping pages of books and lots of them. Paul's kids were handling and flipping books as tots. They loved going to the library and borrowing books.

Kids still need to read and the primary / elementary reading skills taught in school are necessary. You cannot really bypass that. Once they enter high school they need a better approach to reading so when they have year 9 reading or about 13 years of age they have 80% of their reading vocabulary.

To help children read it's best to read to them. And believe it or not nonsense books like those by Dr Seuss are excellent. They build comprehension skills that rote reading and sounding out of words does not. So reading nursery rhymes, singing nonsense songs and rhyming books are great to read to children before they start school and read and follow along as they get older. Read other story books and pause to ask, 'what do you think is going to happen next?' and let the child tell you before you turn the page to find out. Is a secret of helping a child to learn to read for meaning and comprehension.

Reading a book is like solving a mystery. You try to guess what the author will say next. You read on to find out if you were right or how close to right you were. That's especially true for novels. It's the reason we often watch a movie to the end. We want to know what happens next.

Children don't often get a chance to learn this so reading for them is just saying one word after another and it makes no sense.

If you start the child reading out loud, she will make mistakes, the trick is not to correct those mistakes. The reason being correcting the mistakes slows down reading

so

it

becomes

as

bad

as

reading

a

List.

If you read that out loud you'll hear the way a child reads. Notice it's hard to get comprehension out of reading a list.

So don't correct the mistakes too fast. Let the reading flow and the child discover the sentence was wrong because she read it wrong. If you do go back and correct it. Read the whole sentence.

Also don't let the child struggle to read a word, as soon as they get stuck, say the word. Again it's so the sentence can flow.

Comprehension comes from reading for meaning. It's not about the single words. So if you want your child to have ease with reading, make learning to read fun, cut the struggle and let the sentences flow.

Alex

...so that I can....

the Magic words...
It really tells how to form a purpose

Alex,
Thank you

Adarsh Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

I may sound redundant over and over again but i cant control the excitement...Purpose,Mind probe are pivotal only then super read,dip and skittering makes sense.Once we focus on what we want ,our purpose and questions, then every other step is easy.In fact we focus on Photo reading a lot but i am feeling it is not to be worried,I get my blip page easily ,sometimes it dissapears and appears again,i have stopped worrying about it.It hardly takes time to expose ourselves to the text.I m finding that the more im focussed on the purpose and questions the rest of the steps fall easily.I prepare well,Preview hardly takes time and i get into my accelerative state affirm and photo read.Actually the moment i realised that mindprobe and purpose are the most important aspect i have stopped worrying about any other skill its automatic and also i was earlier searching the forum for more and more answers .Actually i was searching "Is there anything else?is there any more steps?am i missing anything?" but i know now,No.This is it .Purposeful reading thats the cluse.Tony Robbins says 80% is psychology 20% mechanics:80% of photo reading is Purpose and Mind probing questions ?what do i want rest is mechanics!!!!Really fascinating.In the deluxe course Paul says "Do It".Thats what is happening to me now Unconcious competence stage---Im searching time to just sit and set up a purpose ,prepare preview photoread and activate .It really is fun!!!

The one skill i musty get good at is "Setting a purpose " and then setting questions to activate for what i want for what time i have .Even the time is important cause sometimes i feel as a beginner i get frustrated.Say i have 20 mins then finding answer to 2 to 3 questions are easy then 10 to fifteen questions it takes more time to activate.So thats why i ow realise that people who are good at super reading,diping and skittering arer already setting good purpose and having good questions and are more sensitive towards the material.I get you now Alex when you say get good at super reading and dipping and skittering ,Rapid read just follows through!!!
its actually our old habits ,they die hard.
I bought the photo reading system way back in 2006 ,i beating myself up that i should jhave joined the forum,im sure you would have guided me well!!!!

Thank you!!!
Have a great day

Thanks for sharing guys.

I've been coaching on the forum since late March 2002. It's always great when someone tells me they're getting results or they got it now. It means the PhotoReading skill is theirs.

To your success.
Alex

Adarsh Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi madam,

I scored 80/100 in my examination on Business Communication.It has been an amazing journey for me from total frustration to total amazement. Considering the time I have and the level of knowledge I want the score is very satisfying. Mind you I never made enough time to review the concepts and went to the exam with total confidence as I was clear with all the concepts.
The next aspect I want to share is the idea on Sensory acuity. I mentioned this term in this forum on 12/02/13.You may already have realized that im exposed to work by Tony Robbins. I am aware of a few terms used in NLP. Sensory Acuity if im right comes from NLP.Now the interesting part.After I finished my exams I flipped through natural brilliance.My hand stopped at page 50.Paul has written a paragraph on sensory acuity.I read through the piece.I was amazed all that is said in the paragraph was exactly what I had felt when I used the term in the forum.I must tell you my replies in the forum are not preplanned they are of the cuff.For some reason I realized that day we must develop sensory acuity and the feeling I have about the term sensory acuity is fully explained in “Natural Brilliance”

I had photoread Natural Briliance years back and activated it only to learn about new option generator .I had not read through the book in its entirety. Thats what is fascinating for me as to how I picked the words and how I felt about the term sensory acuity.Probably the definition of sensory acuity is too common but the entire import of the term given in the book and how I felt when I wrote in the forum matches, ditto!!!

I then photo read the book and I am activating the book 3 questions at a time.I was amazed by the story on the Military person who learns hypnosis with Paul and later uses the skill to teach pistol training to civilians and others.The insight given her e as to how to learn a new skill is very very important that is to approach the skill directly with all positiveness.

I realized that natural Brilliance is a perfect support for learning and improving Photoreading skills.No wonder people who have purchased the classic course get it free!!!

With the new understanding of activating in layers I find Photoreaidng really fun!!!.I cant get back to my normal way of reading…I find it a waste of time.The richness of photoreading is beautiful!!!

Thank you…stopped over to share a few more Aha’s .
Bye!!!

Hello Adarsh.....please post more of the Aha moments....its helping me a lot and I'm sure others here might feel the same.
Yesterday I was doing the exercise for "Book 2 Natural Brilliance" and i did the exercise with another book...i thought Natural Brilliance book was not for me....now i have to think again....i will re-do the exercise with Natural Brilliance.
Please post more good experiences with PRing.

Remember reading is personal. You might discover something different in Natural Brilliance. It is a perfect book for learning PhotoReading because it explains how learning takes place and what holds us back. And is a perfect complement to NOPS.

Alex

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved