Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Had a consultation with a TCM doctor last week. I apparently have a lot of 'heat' in the Gall-bladder and liver meridians. I Suffer from stress, IBS and fatigue...

Just wondering if any of the exercises in SFQ were more beneficial for this ?

He did mention that I shouldn't overdo the Qigong as it can make you more anxious / stressed. Although he recommended a basic sitting meditation using mantras. As well as acupuncture, herbal medicine and massage.

Just wondering what your opinions are on this ? Are any of you TCM practitioners ?

Thanks

Jazz

I'm not a TCM practioner, but have used TCM for a few years and Spring Forest for the last 12 months, and have also had 'heat' in the gall bladder and liver myself. I continue to take TCM herbs to clear the heat, and practise SFQ daily.. All the SFQ level 1 exercises will be of help to you, I know that Harmony of the Universe and Seven Steps, (Moving of Yin and Yang is always good too) are particularly beneficial to the Liver system.

From the Level 2 exercises I'm finding 10,000 Hands incredibly beneficial, 10,000 hands works on the Liver, Intestines, and Lungs. If you have the level 2 manual it might be a good idea to try that exercise. Master Lin is doing a series on Liver Energy this month on the Healing Connection (find it on the SFQ site), so maybe you should sign up for the last week and listen in? Next week he will be focusing on the specific Qigong exercises for the Liver. You can also submit questions to Master Lin on the Healing Connection so maybe that's an idea too.

In terms of fatigue, if it's related to weak Kidney energy I've found Master Lin's advice to do the Qigong exercises in a lower stance to be very beneficial. Your legs start shaking and the energy pumps up your legs to your kidneys, and the more you can do the more vitalised you will feel. Try bending your knees a little further when standing up and practicing, when your legs shake just let them, it will likely come in waves. Listen to your body and don't strain yourself at any point though, as to avoid injuring yourself and creating further blockages.

I think with SFQ, the more you can do the better. If you feel stressed/anxious after SFQ practise, it's likely a sign that blockages are clearing. Personally after particular exercises I feel strange sometimes for a few hours after, so I tend to practise those exercises either at night before bed, or when I have few social obligations that day.

I'm sure your TCM doctor has told you this, but do your best to minimise spicy and fried foods, alcohol, caffeine (even chocolate). This will really help your system while it clears the heat from your Liver/Gallbladder.

With herbs, acupuncture and SFQ I'm sure you can make a good recovery! good luck :-)

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Good info there,

I have the level 2 course. Is it ok to practice level 2 exercises even if you haven't spent much time on level 1 ?

I've been a bit lax on SFQ. At the moment I'm studying Reiki level 2, though hope to get back into SFQ soon.

Bending the knees on the active exercises does make them more difficult. I've tried it before and takes some getting used to. Makes it hard to relax. However with practice it sounds like a good idea.

I know a lot of styles of MA place emphasis on holding a low horse stance for some time as a way of building up the chi.

Thanks

Jazz

There would be no harm in doing level 2, but I only mentioned that as I am finding an exercise from it particularly useful to me. In terms of healing yourself Level 1 is incredibly powerful, maybe it's best to stick to Level 1 for now. With a bit of persistence you'll be wowed by the healings that can accompany it. Go through each exercise and really observe how your body feels.

Reading your post again it sounds as if your main focus right now should be clearing the heat and moving the Liver energy, so if bending the knees more makes your practice uncomfortable or off putting then just stand comfortably and practice :-) certainly moving the stagnant Liver qi will help hugely with the fatigue you're experiencing.

Be vigilant with the herbs and acupuncture, I've cleared a LOT of heat from my body with both of those and it really turned my life around.

all the best with your practice and healing :-)

Originally Posted By: Jazz
Had a consultation with a TCM doctor last week. I apparently have a lot of 'heat' in the Gall-bladder and liver meridians. I Suffer from stress, IBS and fatigue...

Just wondering if any of the exercises in SFQ were more beneficial for this ?

He did mention that I shouldn't overdo the Qigong as it can make you more anxious / stressed. Although he recommended a basic sitting meditation using mantras. As well as acupuncture, herbal medicine and massage.

Just wondering what your opinions are on this ? Are any of you TCM practitioners ?

Thanks

Jazz

I think that Qidong will help you to release your anxious / stressed and the doctors idea is not correct.

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

I think that Qidong will help you to release your anxious / stressed and the doctors idea is not correct.

He seemed to suggest that if you're trying too hard to concentrate on a movement/ too much visualisation, it could make you more stressed. He didn't really go into much detail though.

Last edited by Jazz; 06/04/13 01:48 PM.

If you feel stressed/anxious after SFQ practise, it's likely a sign that blockages are clearing.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Jazz,

Like riding a bike, one tends to over use their mind, muscles, and energy while learning, than is actually needed to ride.

Consider...

Start with your bouncing. Be aware of anything that is tight or not "jiggling." Smile and allow it to relax.

Breath a normal, easy, relaxed breath.

Smile.

do the first half of the active exercises followed by the harvesting of Qi, rather than all of them.

Every two days do one of the sitting meditations rather than your active exercises. My recommendation - the Small Universe.

Much Love,

Shawn

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Shawn_Grim
Hi Jazz,

do the first half of the active exercises followed by the harvesting of Qi, rather than all of them.

Every two days do one of the sitting meditations rather than your active exercises. My recommendation - the Small Universe.

Much Love,

Shawn

That's sounds a good way of practicing. I suppose you can't overdo any of the movements ? Or develop imbalances from using some exercises more frequently ?

Jazz smile

Try bending your knees a little further when standing up and practicing, when your legs shake just let them, it will likely come in waves. Listen to your body and don't strain yourself at any point though.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved