Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81489 04/01/13 05:59 PM
OP Offline

Hello

I am in the process of looking for another job. I had a brief discussion with a coach who told me I was driven, ambitious and very marketable and when looking for my next job I should pitch for the position above that I currently do in order to get more salary and the correct job for me.

I am an optimistic and positive person but I can be gulity of "waiting for all my ducks to be lined up" before going for something. I need to have self-belief that I can get the job I deserve. Once I have the job I know that I will be capable of doing it.

Can anyone recommend which paraliminals to use and what intention I should set whilst listening.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone has read books in this area.

Thanks for reading.

Many thanks

Amanda

Learning Strategies Admin

Anxiety Free is required first up - waiting for the ducks to line up is a symptom of anxiety.

Get Around to it for the job search.

Sales Leap for the pitch when you go to the interview.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks for the reply Alex.

What sequence should I listen to Anxiety Free and Get around to it? eg Do I alternate them each day?

Also what would the benefits of listening to Get around to it have if I am already taking steps to find jobs by signing up with agencies and contacting professionals. Could I skip this one?

Have you or anybody used or heard of good results when using Talk to Win? I will be taking up a role with some management and staff responsibilities and want to speak more consisely, get to the point and find the words that I need quicker. How would this PL differ to Sales Leap?

Once I know what PLs to use and in what order, I think I may write about my experiences with them on the forum, as it is always good to hear about other people's successes when using Learning Strategies products.

Thanks again.
Best regards
Amanda

You'll need to use Get Around to it once a day for a while, till you're happy you're taking daily action toward finding your desired employment. Say use it for 3 days and then give it a break, notice if you're taking action or not. If not why not. What's stopping you? Perhaps there is something you haven't done that needs to be done. Example your resume needs help and you need someone else to look over it but that's only a quiet voice in your mind and you've been using Get Around To It without obvious action. If no satisfying action has taken place on using Get Around To It, search for that voice. Then do what needs to be done first.

Use Talk To Win for a week, once a day. That will help prepare you for the written correspondence as will as meetings.

Sstart listening to Anxiety Free any time. It can help quell the anxiety of writers block, telephone shyness, performance anxiety and meeting prospective employers. Be sure to listen to one of the Anxiety Free sessions the night before an interview. I recommend at least 8 hours before an interview. I wouldn't use it in the morning immediately before the interview. Give it a chance to integrate.

I'd be inclined to use both Talk to Win and Sales Leap for the role you intend to take up.

Alex

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
You'll need to use Get Around to it once a day for a while, till you're happy you're taking daily action toward finding your desired employment. Say use it for 3 days and then give it a break, notice if you're taking action or not.

So use both A and B on the same day or A one day B another day?

Use the session that relates to where you are at with your goal. See the booklet.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved