Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I've been an occasional practitioner of SFQ for a while and found it useful. But I got out of the habit of daily practice. I hope to get back into it soon.

For the last few months I've been practising just Reiki and received my level 2 certificate.

I've read previous posts on Reiki that suggest not practising the two together (leaving some time between the two).

How do you guys work with both ? Interested in talking to Reiki Masters since I hope to do that soon...

They seem to be very different systems. Once you are attuned to Reiki it seems to happen instantly. While SFQ seems to take a long period before you build up the 'chi'. Although if I can get through that three month period of daily practice the rewards should be great.

I always feel heat with Reiki while SFQ is more a tingly feeling.

I'm also quite keen on Chaoyi Fanhuan Qigong (CFQ) and heard about great things about it. Has anyone any experience with that system ?

My final question is Reiki uses symbols and distance healing. Is this something common to SFQ as well ? I think distance healing is mentioned in SFQ level 2 ?

Kind Regards

Jazz

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Jazz,

Your Heat & Tingle Experiences
Whether it is a physical sensation or a visual on during your practice, Master Lin mentions to appreciate it, but not get caught up in the "movie." There is a lot of work going on, whether the sensations are strong, light, or unperceived. In Reiki one tends to start off focusing on the energy or heat showing up and then going down at each area being focused on. That's just a different focus and perspective. The Reiki folks I do a Rejuv session on are always aware of, and make comment on afterward about the large amount of heat from my hands during a session. So I'll take some time sharing with them afterward about it not being the gauge of an effective or awesome healing session.

I can't speak to Chaoyi Fanhuan Qigong (CFQ). As Master Lin says - "There are many was to cook a potato." And he also recommends focusing on a systems and going deep with it, rather than doing a buffet - sampling of a bunch. There is a lot going on with Spring Forest. You'll get deeper into working with others, and exercises to develop your focus, concentration, middle dantain, and heart energy in Level Two. Distance healing along with developing the third eye comes in Level Three classes. "Attunements," as used or sent in Reiki, aren't involved in sfq. In a Level Four class, one focuses on more spiritual components and purifying one's energy/enlightenment.

Much Love,

Shawn

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm really interested in all these styles of healing

I find the discipline of practicing SFQ every day quite hard to do. I did manage doing the exercises daily for more than a month, and found it beneficial. But for me the changes are quite subtle.

I've heard it stated before that you must practice SFQ everyday for three months to really notice a change....

Just wondering if this experience was the same with other people ?

Hi Jazz! Good question for what you have asked. I am a Reiki Master since 2004 & I also do SFQ. For me I would say they both have benificeries one way or the other depending on how you look at it. Interestingly, what I had noticed looking at all the alternative therapies that Reiki can cure ailments if it's ONLY physical; I have also studied Theta Healing & that can cure ailments if there are emotional attachments to it. However, SFQ can cure BOTH physical & emotional ailments. With SFQ some ailments can be cured instantly but, others may take some time to heal depending on the individual.

When I was unemployed at the time I did do both Reiki & Qi Gong but, I always wait before I do the next 1...I did SFQ in the morning & Reiki in the afternoon. In the SFQ manual it does state that must wait about 30 minutes before/after doing other spiritual practices including meditations. The reason for this is so it doen't interfere with the Qi Energy. I did acquire new employment recently so what I do now is swap over days on which 1 to do i.e. Reiki 1 day SFQ the other day. It's up to you how to go about using both Reiki & SFQ whichever makes you happy.

Another interesting thing I would like to tell you is that I do the Holosync meditation program - I'm currently on the 6th CD which is Purification Level 1. I do this everyday because I want to complete the whole program. Reason why I am mentioning this is because there are a number of people who do both SFQ & Holosync and on the LS forum they had mentioned the benefits of doing both. SFQ can help immensely with any kind of meditation - I always do the SFQ in the morning first then I wait about 30 minutes before embarking onto Holosync.

Hope this has helped.

Guillaume.

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.

Last edited by jasmine11; 06/19/13 09:30 AM.
Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Guillaume

I've never heard that Reiki is just for physical ailments ? Is this from personal experience ?

Surely many problems are both physical and emotional. I mean the second symbol in Reiki is used for mental and emotional balance ?

With Theta healing. Is that the same principle as Holosync ?

I tried Awakening Prologue a while back. But found listening to it for an hour a day quite hard work. Also found it made me a bit more anxious. I'm currently reading 'Thresholds of the Mind'....

I also have the Ultra Meditation program which Is similar. I don't really know whether Holosync is more effective ? It's certainly costs more.

Jasmine

Have you just started SFQ ?

Jazz :-)

Hi again Jazz.

Sorry I should have been more specific on what I said before. With emotional problems if it is very deep then it can be very difficult to cure it using Reiki. I'll give you an example: the lady who attuned me to Reiki 1 & 2; her husband had a very serious eye problem, it as so bad that he could not open his eye. However, when she did Reiki on his eye as soon as her hand was placed on his eye the pain had gone but only until she removed her hand the pain in his eye returned. No matter how long she had done Reiki on his eye the pain still returned. Now this means he has a very serious emotional problem associated with his eye. I'll give you another example; I had a very serious back pain last year (2012) when I did Reiki on my back no matter how many times I did this the pain came straight back. So I used Theta Healing & the next day my back pain was gone. If the emotional problem is small then Reiki can cure this however, I have noticed from experience that very deep emotional illnesses are very difficult to heal using Reiki.

Theta Healing is when you go into a Theta Meditative state to cure illnesses. Normally this is used to cure emotional problems that are associated with illnesses. For more information go to www.thetahealing.com - it will explain everything more clearer. And also Theta Healing is not in a sense the same principle as Holosync.

The book 'Thresholds of the mind' is a great book, I have read it. There's useful information there. I have to agree with you that Holosync is quite pricey though you get great benefits with the meditation. When I first started with Holosync I did find it uncomfortable sitting for 1 hour but after a while I got used to it. I want to complete the whole program & also, I need to stick to it because I have been recieving messages (this started to happen on Awakening Level 4) associated with my past life for when I was 1 of my ancestors & this is something I have to sort out asap.

I haven't checked out Ultra Meditation & I have never heard of it but, it sounds interesting.

Take care!

GUILLAUME.

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

I suppose deep emotional problems can stem from previous lifes ?
I've never actually done any distant healing on past lives. Though I've had great 'healing feelings' from distance healing past events.

It's quite a lot to practice Reiki, SFQ and Brain Entrainment daily....

Though I'm fascinated by them all :-)

It's funny that you mentioned Past Lives...because Theta Healing can heal past lives whereas Reiki wouldn't do this. And YES you're correct that it is quite a lot to practice with all these hence why I swap over in the mornings between SFQ & Reiki. And as I also mentioned that I do Holosync & I want to keep up with this. And YES I am also fascinated by all this.

Guillaume.

Jazz Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: mgelinas
One needs 3 things to be truly happy living in the world: some thing to do, some one to love, some thing to hope for.

Nice quote (Tom Bodett ?) What are your opinions on this thread though ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved