Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81781 05/21/13 03:09 PM
OP Offline

BS"D

I'm a newbie to this forum and have spent hours reading previous posts and answers. I admit that I have been greatly enlightened by the questions/answers and look forward to the day that I, too, will be able to offer advice.

Hopefully someone can help me with my dilemma.

I recently purchased an amazing house on a hilltop surrounded by a mini-forest complete with jumping gazelles, wonderful tortoises, and much beauty around me. Thereafter, I performed LOTS of renovations. Only afterwards did I find out about Diamond Feng Shui.

Before I err regarding moving my bedroom, I need some advice. I am female, my PEN is 5 and my positive directions are SW, NW, W and NE. I am presently sleeping in a small room in the NE corner of the house. Prior to the renovations, the SE corner of the house was the previous tenants' living room I will refer to that as "the old living room". (This is the room I would like to turn into my bedroom.) The kitchen is directly across on the SW side.

Among the renovations, I added a new large living/dining room spanning the entire South portion of the house (SE to SW), on the other side of the wall of the old living room and kitchen).

The two issues I have with moving my bedroom into the old living room (SE) are as follows. Behind the N wall of that room is a bathroom and stall shower/wet sauna. Obviously I wouldn't place the headboard of my bed on that North wall since it is not one of my good directions. I will, however, hang a wall-size mirror on that wall facing toward the bathroom and cover the side of the mirror facing the bedroom with a nice poster. The SE wall of the old living room had been a sliding door within a cement frame, leading out to an unkept weed garden (which was turned into the new dining/living room). In order to make the new living room more asthetic, I used blocks and built a wall. While that caused the new living room to have straight walls, it created a small niche about 3 m. x 1.25 m. on the SE side of the old living room. At first I was very excited about this, thinking that I could put my headboard against that wall inside that niche (feet facing N) like often found in Moroccan culture.

But then I started learning Feng Shui! smile The ceiling of that niche (where the sliding door had been) is a long cement block, 34 cm. wide. Having learned that one should not sleep under a beam, I was wondering if there were a way I could remedy this matter in order to enable me to sleep there. (I've only gotten through part of Level 1 of the course.)

How easy it would be to simply be able to attach a photo to this e-mail!

I know this is a bit complicated to imagine but if one draws a square and places the rooms in the directions I have given, it should make it easier to understand. Obviously, there are additional rooms to which I did not relate.

Or, if you are/will be in the vicinity of Jerusalem and would like to come by and bask in the heavenly landscape and enjoy some Israeli hospitality, in exchange for some Feng Shui pointers, that would also be great!

Thanks in advance and may you all be blessed!

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved!

Abmastralight #81821 05/28/13 07:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Greetings Abmastralight,

When Marie takes about beams, she always mentions you can have fun with nice draped fabric over the to soften the imposition (think canopied bed-feel.

Otherwise, you can email into Learning Strategies and set up a consultation to get more specific about your new place and the feng shui involved. You'd then send in photos, floor plan, and birth/direction info.

Best,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved