Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

And I have a photoreading question. It would be great if you can help me out.

This question is a bit like the dictionary game question I had raised couple weeks ago. But slightly different.

I have been doing photo reading for almost 2 months on my own (I learned from Self Learning Course. I can process a book in a shorter time with higher comprehension level now, thanks to Photo Reading. However, I am not very good at "recalling" a detail information that I want in a book. To make my question simple. Let's take dictionary game as example. Can you recall the words popping on your mind and say what page the words locate exactly?

I am having some difficulties at doing that now.

I need to read a lot of technical document papers for my work. And sometimes, I need to recall the information from certain paper and look for the specific information and its location in the paper so I can reply to my clients. If I can have the "dictionary game" skill, it would really save me a lot of time and effort.

Please give me some advises.

Thank you so much!

Jeff

Learning Strategies Admin

The dictionary game is just a game. You don't recall a word, you think of one. You cannot recall something that you haven't called upon before. That's what activation is about. That's the first call. What you activate becomes easier to recall because you've done it before.

So if you want to recall the information later do something to make recall easier. Like mind mapping what you activate. The more you work with building the body mind connection for information like this when activating the easier it becomes to remember what you activated.

The more you use the system the greater the knowing what page the information is on and where to look, where to begin activating and which books to recommend to friends and clients.

Alex

OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your answer!

It is a bit confusing that Paul Sheele had mentioned some people are able to play dictionary game and get a very precise recall (or guess) upon the words in the dictionary. I had assumed that everyone can do that. But I am having difficulties at that so I thought I am not doing it in the right way.

I will use Photo Reading more to build a stronger connection between my mind and body.

Thank you!

Jeff

They succeed because they play not work or try to prove anything. It's a game. If you're having difficulty with it you're not doing it with a sense of play.

I remember playing the dictionary game and instead of location the page number popped into my mind. It was correct. And after 3 successful hits I thought yeah right I can't do that all the time so I thought of a word and of course it wasn't in the dictionary.

When activating I open books to the page with the answer. I've done it in front of students at my seminar. I gave an example of a activation question I might have for the book and flipped open the book and showed them how I would activate the page using superreading and dipping. My students noticed I opened the book to the page with the answer. This is one reason I still love activating physical books.

Just do it. Play lightly and keep it playful. I didn't have anything vested in opening the right page. I was just demonstrating the benefit of having a question you want answered and then superreading and dipping to get the answer quickly.

Alex

OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your guidance.

I have another questions regarding to your 1st reply.

when you say "mind body connection", a term Photo Reading book referring several times, what do you mean? Do you mean the "consciousness and unconsciousness connection?"

Thank you,
Jeff

Mind body the think and auto response. All task are simple mind body connections. Like tying shoelaces. When you first learned you had to train your mind and hands to remember the pattern. Now you probably do it without thinking.

Learning to write you had to build the mind body connection with a pencil to form the letter shapes.

You know when you've gone amiss in the task because you have that mind body connection for the task. The body gives you cues that you're tying the laces too tight or holding the pen too hard to make the fluid movements.

The body starts cuing you on where the answers are. It is an awareness, the cues are usually subtle which is why you want a system you can repeat to notice those cues. Repetition becomes the training, then you start doing it without too much thought because you're more aware of your cues.

I cannot tell you what your cues will be. I notice I have more than one. PhotoReading a book that hasn't got anything of interest for me triggers feeling of boredom, disappointment, too easy, and even an awareness that seems like digging through garbage. If I think about it I could notice sensations in my body, or notice what I'm saying to myself as I flip the pages (I'm aware of a second voice while I'm repeating my purpose while flipping the pages) And visually I notice being pulled in or pushed away. The pattern of words is interesting or not.

The more you apply the steps of the system the more you relax into noticing your body cues and the body mind connection that you have for PhotoReading.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex, thank you for your experience sharing.

Thank you!

Jeff

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved