Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I own all the paraliminals, but I am not sure about which ones would work best for my current situation. I am not sure if I am experiencing a shift so this is why the self-sabotage and self-esteem issues have arisen, but I am really needing some help. I was four courses away from obtaining a designation, but I have just written two final exams which I need to pass in order to go on to the last two. They don't recommend taking more than one at a time in these courses, but I did anyway. I got A- to qualify to write the exams, but I procrastinated to the last minute, as of course I am also working. And then, I started to do or experience self-sabotaging things, like getting migraines and I accidentally deleted 80GB of music from my ipod that was not in my library. Needless to say, I spent a few hours on the day before my exam figuring out how to get all my music back, which of course included all my paraliminals. Anyway, I do not feel confident in how I wrote either exam, I feel like...well I don't want to write it down for fear of it coming true. But now, I just feel extremely low. I want to stay positive as you never know...I may have passed but I am just so focused and upset about how I wrote the exam. I don't want to put any "negative energy" into the atmosphere. Is there a paraliminal or other program one would suggest to get myself out of this desperate hopeless feeling. I am feeling extremely exhausted and I feel this doubt and anxiety in my chest.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep studying (in case I need to rewrite) but feel like I have passed? If I wait until I receive my mark back and let's suppose I would have to rewrite, I would only have 1 month to prepare. If I study now, I will have 2 1/2 months. Also, as the last two courses are comprehensive, meaning material from these two last exams I just wrote will make up the material in the last two courses, so, it's not like it would be a bad thing to keep studying this material.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by parasync; 06/16/13 04:46 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin

Get Around To It is the Paraliminal to use when you know what you need to do but are not doing it.

Self-Esteem Supercharger for self confidence and when writing, to write with confidences I recommend listening to Talk to Win and or Sales Leap.

For tackling the "feeling low" consider Happy For No Reason, Youthful Vitality and since the reason you're feeling low might be and I mean might not having anything after this, sadness for endings in sight, New Options Generator, for planning the what comes next.

For anxiety you cannot go wrong with Anxiety Free. One that every mature student can consider using in the week prior to an exam.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks Alex!

Is there a specific schedule or way to use all the paraliminals that you suggested? Such as picking one and listening to it for a week and then moving on to another paraliminal?

I am not sure if it would be beneficial, but I also own the paraliminal accelerator. But honestly I have not used it as it seems like there is a lot to do and read, and I have not had the time with work and school.

Use Get Around To It until the job gets done. You may become aware of why you're not taking action on something and can work with another Paraliminal to solve that. For example you may be wanting to review what you studied but one of the core books you really need for review you have to borrow from the library again. You'd only be fooling yourself studying what you know, when you really need to review that book. Playing Get Around To It can make you aware of why you're not moving ahead. So you might be using that Paraliminal one day or one week.

As you note what's going on with you that's the best time to select the Paraliminal to work through it. You can use as many sessions in a day as you have time for. As you say you are studying time is booked so I suggest using at the most 3 Paraliminals in a day.

The Paraliminal Accelerator is a coaching session and a Paraliminal session each day. You need to work out the goal you want to head towards using the Accelerator. It's good that you use a different Paraliminal each day with a purpose that works towards your goal. It could be used to finish your studies and what comes beyond that. If you don't know what Paraliminal to use follow the accelerator. Shifts will happen.

Alex

I know this is an old thread, but I am studying at the moment, and time is limited, so I do find listening to one of the paraliminals at night helps, I m trying to start with personal genius before a study session, and memory supercharger at night when I sleep to try help solidify what I have learnt that day. I do find motivation becomes more of an issue for me the more I study, so I m think of adding something in to help with that. Also closer to exam time I find anxiety free helps calm the nerves. Or helps me get started, I can procrastinate as I worry that I won t be able to do it in the first place.
There can be so many emotional issues and fears around studying sometimes it is hard to know where to start.

Yes, preparing yourself for exams with Anxiety Free is a good idea. Use it for about 2 weeks in the lead up to the exam. That's more time than enough to work the anxiety issues.

The preparation for reviewing is another subject. You might like to switch Personal Genius with New Behavior Generator for a few days to make use of the scheduled review time. You've scheduled time for review right? If not I recommend you do that.

Get Around To It is a good Paraliminal to pick up when you know what you should be doing but not doing it. One or two listens can get you going. It's one I don't recommend listening to before bed. You want to act on the inspiration, motivation as soon as that block of time is available. And if you happen to not know when that is going to be it can keep your sleep busy searching. Use it in the morning and you'll look forward to taking action at the scheduled time. Or make the time.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved