Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8052 05/08/05 05:35 AM
pcbrook Offline OP
OP Offline

I just started with New History for the first time today. My question is....is it more beneficial to focus on one negative event from the past per session or is it possible to dredge up a few things every time to try to work them through?

I have a few things in my life that have bothered me and I feel has held me back. When I listened to the CD Paul suggested starting as far back as you can remember and walk through your life and remember things. Well there are a lot of negative things going on there! LOL! Should I just focus on one at a time?

#8053 05/08/05 05:53 AM

Hi Pcbrook

Try clusters of events for less severe events, and specific events for the more severe events.

Try a general and a specific approach for the same sets to really give bad memories the boot.

You can apply the general & specific strategy to many other paraliminals as well.

#8054 05/07/05 06:07 PM
pcbrook Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Grant!

I had to read your reply a few times to make sure I understood what you were getting at but I think I understand!

Kind of like take all the smaller less severe negativities and work on them in one bunch.

But, any major problems should be worked on individually. Is this right?

#8055 05/07/05 06:22 PM

That's right!

I think it's better though if you group associated negativities and work on them in one bunch. For me it was a year at college, as you can see it is an associated grouping. But I also had specific incidents at college that were severe enough to work on individually, for example, being mocked by the industrial psychologist who came to test for career guidance she claimed I should become an astronomer because in her eyes I had unrealistic goals and was a dreamer. As you can see it belongs to the greater association on the year but is also severe enough to work on individually.

Cluster the sets with logical associations, like the events between two dates or events like the holidays when I was young, or family dinners or talking to girls etc. Can you see there are logical associations in the clusters.

#8056 05/07/05 06:36 PM
pcbrook Offline OP
OP Offline

Ah! Yes, I see what you are getting at now. Thanks for your help with this. Now I know where to go with this.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved