Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
juliag Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear all,

Hi, I just started the Qigong course about a week ago, and am loving it. It will be great to share experiences with you all here, too.

I have a couple of questions about the best times for practice. Master Chunyi Lin informs us that our front and back energy columns are naturally joined between the hours of 11 and 1, so I was planning to do the practical exercises from 11 - 12, and then go straight into one of the meditations. However, the way my schedule works, some days it's more convenient for me to do it in the morning and other days at night.

On downloading the 90 days Qigong challenge I saw that it was recommended that we practice at the same time every day. This would mean that I would need to opt for either 11am or 11pm and somehow try to work my schedule around it. If I do this it could then become difficult to maintain a daily practice. Does anyone have any idea as to how important it is for our practice to be at the same time every day for it to be effective? I would really appreciate any input you have on this issue. (Just in case it's relevant, I'm not actually doing Qigong for a current health issue, more to develop spiritually and hopefully avoid future health problems, too).

Also, in the summer I'll be taking a trip abroad. I'm guessing I would do the exercises at 11 o'clock local time, but can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thank you in advance for your time and trouble.

Yours
juliag

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dear Juliag,

Good, better, best.

As ideal as doing your practice between 11-1 each day, or doing 1/1.5/2 hours, it may not be practical and one may end up not doing it at all.

Find a time when it will work with your schedule and stick with that. Something important comes up during that time that day? do your practice earlier or later. A consistent time of the day helps train the system to keep the channels open, and "get in the grove' more quickly, but is less important than doing the exercises that day.

Enjoy your vacation, and find a time that works during your trip. If flying, that is a great time for the Small Universe meditation.

Best,

Shawn
Sahwn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved