Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
juliag Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I'm new to Qigong and I had been doing the hour long physical exercise along with the CD, but I've been finding that, particularly when I'm tired already, it hurts my legs to stand with them slightly bent in the same position for such a long time, and even when I'm not tired they tend to get slightly tingly or numb. Also on a couple of occasions I had bad cramps that I think are as a result.

I guess I'm just using leg muscles that I wouldn't usually but can anyone give me any advice on the matter.

Could it mean that my posture isn't relaxed enough or is it quite a common occurrence during Qigong? Is there anything I can do to prevent such problems in the future?

Thanks so much for you help.

juliag

Last edited by juliag; 06/30/13 03:25 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dear Juliag,

It could be partially that: you are not used to using those muscles like that; have not learned to relax the legs a bit more; and that channels are opening due to the challenge placed on them in this posture.

Warm, tingly, or aching feet is pretty common with new students and the active exercises. If you need to, place a chair behind you, and without having to miss much of a beat, you can continue from a seated position.

Best,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved