Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#875 05/05/03 10:16 PM
m1127p Offline OP
OP Offline

hi, i'm new to all this IQ stuff so bear with me. i was just wondering do any of these products really improve anything in ur memory or anything. also is there any products here that can help u develop a photogenic memory.thanx for all ur help

#876 05/05/03 11:04 PM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by m1127p:
hi, i'm new to all this IQ stuff so bear with me. i was just wondering do any of these products really improve anything in ur memory or anything.

In a word yes. There are many possible benefits from these products. It remains up to you to use them and decide what you want to gain from them.

quote:
also is there any products here that can help u develop a photogenic memory.thanx for all ur help

There are no products on the market that develop the eidetic (photographic) memory, you already have it. Your mind habitually attaches new memories to past learning experiences. Handy actually, since you don't need to sit and read a page from your textbook to find the exam answer, your inner mind goes directly to the information that you need. It's already been processed.

Alex

#877 05/07/03 01:34 AM
m1127p Offline OP
OP Offline

but is there anyway to improve ur photographic memory?

#878 05/07/03 03:28 AM

No. Yes. It depends on what you mean by photographic memory. You can develop your powers of visualization, but probably not the ability to actively manipulate photo-graphically clear and accuracte impressions of objects. I don't know for certain.

#879 05/08/03 12:33 AM
m1127p Offline OP
OP Offline

i'm looking for something to help me get a great memory for example, there was a gambler named stu ungar who was able to memorize a cards in blackjack. he once memorized a 3 1/2 deck shoe suit for suit rank for rank thats one of my goals in paticular

#880 05/08/03 12:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I suggest you use the techniques they used. Book By Dominic O'Brien How to Develop a Perfect Memory and a number of books written by Harry Lorayne contain methods by which you can train your memory. Visualisation exercises like image streaming will help.

Alex

#881 05/08/03 03:23 AM

my thoughts on this is that if you can develop your powers of visualization u can develop photographic memory. I can see a blurred outline of pages in my head but see words is more difficult. Whats the best way to improve clarity of mental images?

also has anyone thought about flipping though 100 or so books in a day. Seems it would be a bit much for the subconscious to handle and as with holosync and the theory that the subconscious must reoganise to higher levels . what would this higher level be?
cheers

#882 05/08/03 04:44 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The fact is that you already do have a photographic memory afterall how do you know what your car looked like if you didn't have a copy of the print in your mind.

Our mind and memory works best by association so that when we learn something new it incorporates the information with what we already know. It's a time saving device often we want to know the important meaning of text rather than to have the ability to re-read the text. I found it interesting to note that the few people who were able to copy a piece of text from their memory have little or no understanding about what they wrote.

If you want to remember something and to recall what you remember it has to have meaning and is usually meaning that is worth something to you.

What is really more useful. Understanding something that you read or see so that you can use the information whenever you need or storing the information ready to read when you need it.

If you photoread 100 books on a similar subject your mind is going to sort the common information and ideas from each of these books. In other words the pre searching has already been done and the information sorted so that it becomes more quickly accessible. A eidetic picture of a page from a 250 page book may or may not contain the information you are looking for but you still have to regular read it then.

It's much more useful when you zero in to the data and the information comes to you in the sense of knowing, occasionally you'll hear words and occasionally partial pictures. Rather than looking to have the mind present it to you in a certain fashion it's much more useful to train the conscious mind to notice that the information *is* being presented to you.

Alex

#883 07/13/03 11:55 PM

But actually seeing the page in your mind sounds a lot cooler ;-)

My speed-reading teacher has said many times that all children have true photographic, but lose it at after the age of seven. Has anyone ever been able to regain such a thing years after they've lost it? Does it sound likely that Genius Code could accomplish this with lots of practice?

#884 07/14/03 07:58 AM
Administrator
Administrator

One of the reasons we lose our eidetic memory is because from about the age of 6 to 7 we start speeding up our thinking processes. We use a word to describe a multitude of things. Rather than trying to interpret the image that comes to mind. My question is which is really better? An image of the page that you have to 'read' to put to use or a mind that has already processed the information so that you can act on it immediately when the need comes up?

Or another way... do you prefer that your mind knows how to work the breaks on your car or bike as you are going down a hill or would you want to be 'reading' the instructions while gaining speed as you go down the hill?

We still have that photographic/eidetic memory its just that our mind has sorted it out for us so that we can act on the information a lot faster than we did as a child looking at that eidetic picture in our mind. One picture may be worth 1000 words but one word can create 1000's more pictures in ones mind. When we say the word chair any number of chairs can come to our minds and everyone will have their own image. It might even be the chair in the room. If you had to descibe a chair from an eidetic memory it would take a while. Yet when we say the word chair we've given it more meaning than being one particular chair. Our mind knows that a chair is a piece of furniture for parking our rear end on. Yes, I could have said that differently and it would have created a different image in your mind. The point was if it created any images in your mind then you still have a photographic memory. It moves a lot faster and is more efficient than the eidetic memory was that's why we don't notice it anymore. The picture flashed by a lot faster.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved