Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm going through tennis lessons to modernize my game. Learned my technique back in the 70s as a kid, trying to change my grip and basic technique now. Which would be the best paraliminals to assist with this? I'm guessing New Behavior Generator and Personal Genius?

Learning Strategies Admin

I'd also consider Youthful Vitality and PhotoReading a whole stack of books about learning tennis (Direct Learning)

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks Alex.

I just read the CD insert for New Behavior Generator and it really doesn't seem appropriate for this task. Part A is about eliminating destructive behaviors that get in the way of the goal, presumably things like stopping smoking or changing diet or starting to exercise again. Part B about finding people whose behavior you want to model. Doesn't seem applicable to this pursuit. Am I missing something there?

Think of someone who has mastered the game. Adopt their behaviour. It isn't just about removing habit it's about creating the habit of being a good player. I'd use session B, Session A I'd use for the thinking I'm not a good player, I cannot be better than I am. That is habitual thinking that holds one back.

Alex

OP Offline

thanks, Alex.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved