Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I was recently diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and, although my doctor did not prescribe any specific medication, he did give me some pointers on some lifestyle changes that can help alleviate some of my anxiety symptoms. What I realize is that I am a chronic worrier. I tend to think of the worst-case scenario occurring, and I know that has contributed to my anxiety. I was recently laid off from a job I really liked (before I was diagnosed with GAD). Even though I am pretty set as far as savings, unemployment benefits and health insurance, the prospect of not knowing what lies ahead in my future has been unnerving.

I'd appreciate some suggestions on which paraliminals to use to help me get over my obsessive worry and move forward with my life. Anxiety Free is an obvious choice. I am also considering Power Thinking to help change my worry habits.

Any others that someone may think of may be a big help.

Thanks.

Learning Strategies Admin

Sales Leap can also help, as well as Self-Esteem Supercharger.

I think you want to consider Break the Habit, breaking the habit of worrying.

You might also find the Natural Brilliance course helpful if your worrying disrupts your ability to move forward.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex - Thanks so much for your response. Why Sales Leap, if I may ask? Also, I'm having some trouble formulating an effective purpose statement. I'm looking to move forward and start my own business. I feel its the right time, but the fear of the unknown is causing additional anxiety. Any suggestions on how I can approach that in my purpose statement?

Thanks.

Confidence, often our anxiety increases around people selling your point of view in a conversation. It doesn't have to be an actual product you're selling but end of the day we're always selling ourselves to be accepted by others.

As to purpose, I'd consider where you find yourself thinking worse case scenarios often. I'm assuming that it's work lifestyle centred. However I don't know if you live in an earthquake zone and you're dreaming up worse case scenarios relating to that. You know what's going on in your mind better than me so your purpose is your own.

Consider what's the nature of your anxiety this morning, what would it be like if it were different, if you could choose something different, whether it's thinking, feeling or doing, will affect your choice of Paraliminal and purpose.

You cannot go wrong listening to a Paraliminal and even just a vague purpose to change this for something better is a good starting purpose. Once you start noticing shifts, chances are your purpose will become more refined and focused.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks, again Alex.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved