Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#82657 12/23/13 09:02 AM
OP Offline

Quote:
Because the books they are discussing are books they've used the PhotoReading system on.

There is no reason to discuss the contents of the books they have PRed here."Time Travel Teleportation ESP Clairvoyance Parapsy" has nothing to do with PRing.There are good and bad books out there.What you gonna do if someone Photoread them and discuss here?You have to stop them because they are deviating from the topic.This is a place to discuss Photoreading not time travel,Unless PRing is related to time travel.

Quote:
How much time have you spent with the PhotoReading course and how many books have you applied it on.

I have been trying to learn photoreading for almost 2 years.I re-tried the entire system 3 times now with no luck.I tried to learn the system for 2 months then failed,still i didn't gave up,something telling me it will work.So after few months i tried the system again completely from scratch and then again nothing.Now i started the system form scratch in December 1 2013 and being practicing everyday and still don't get the system.I'm beginning to lose faith on the system.That's why i got angry and made the last post.I completed the audio cds,watched the videos,also listened to supercharger most night before going to sleep.
The thing is,when i activate using super-read or skitter i just keep on moving down the page.I don't get any insights.I can't say for myself if the system is working for me or not.

I apologize if i offended anyone.

Learning Strategies Admin

I've split your response from the thread as this is a different discussion.

As to not discussing books? Why shouldn't PhotoReaders discuss the books they used the system on. Sharing is inspiring as well as sharing a topic that might interest more. I've been reading it with interest and would love to see more PhotoReaders talking about the book they discussed. Often there are challenges with the books that they might need to modify their approach.

Oh the system works. I was thunderstruck to discover I could have been using PhotoReading when I've been slow reading during my school years. I had it working in 2 hours, That's how long it took me to read the PhotoReading book. Using the instructions on the front page. Following the little Einsteins.

I figured the system would show me how to find the little Einsteins in other books.

One thing I've learned when people tell me they tried and failed they focused too much on the PhotoReading step thinking that they are going to have conscious comprehension as they flip those pages. Not so.

Even when looking through a book for one specific answer for my purpose. I flipped those pages without conscious comprehension until my brain caught up and told me to go back. The passage I needed to read was some pages ago. I remember flipping a huge dictionary for an answer to a quiz and was flipping a little slower because the pages were so big and the book so heavy, my brain was at least fast enough to tell me to leave my finger between the pages. I did. I was up to S in the dictionary before I learned the answer. Lovely argument going off inside my head. "No it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't, go back to where you got your finger... " So part of me was smug, yes it was. The part of me that was no it isn't didn't like being wrong. Weird huh?

If it isn't working lets check your purpose. Select a book that interest you and tell me your purpose for that book. Don't skip that step it's going to help me work out where you're getting stuck with the system.

So name of the book and purpose. PM me if you prefer not to do it on the forum.

Alex

I would like you to to make it in the forum guys, as I face problems with photoreading too.. I am still working on it but the only times it worked where 2 times one was simultaneous and the other was while activating, I found out I did the tangerine technique in a wrong way, and other things, the thing that keeps me going on is that I have an inner feeling that it will work, and that I realised my memory has improved alot ! I even remember things I did 10 years ago!!

OP Offline

I prefer PMing you.I'm not completely given up on PRing,something inside my mind not letting me give up.I like to try again under your guidance Alex.Thank you

haha ok then I think I will pm you too Mr.Alex

Originally Posted By: BnOmar
haha ok then I think I will pm you too Mr.Alex

Mrs/Ms Alex!

...bare "Alex" is going to be an all purpose one I think smile

forgive me anyway, admins in my country are always men smile

No problem about the Mr Miss Ms Mrs business. I just go by Alex. It doesn't really matter as to gender as long as the information is useful, right? smile

BnOmar,

One of the main reasons people have trouble is they don't really know their purpose. We grew up hiding our real purpose from ourselves and others because we fear we would look like we're silly. I can think of occasions in my own childhood I had a terrific reason for doing something (that's a purpose) and I wound up in trouble for it. And to save myself the grief of explaining my purpose and being told "you didn't think of the consequences?" It's easier to take the scolding question, "Why did you do that?" with "I don't know."

And I have no doubt, that's the first answer that echoes in ones head when I ask them, what's your purpose (reason) for reading this book.

Another hang-up from hiding our purpose is we no longer define it clearly for fear if we try to explain it to someone and learn there are consequences.

Alex

let me give you an example, when I study my mathematics book, I have an imagination of myself after reading, I see myself the master in mathematics, and that when I solve questions, I answers and Ideas flicker to my mind, but the truth is that when solve, I get stuck in many things, most of them i solved few hours later, but some are still unsolved yet, Moreover, when reading an english story with a purpose of getting the writer's sense and way of writing to enhance my writing, I find myself confused when I start activating, I ask my self :"did I actually get what I need?" , I am still on it, though I only got a flicker 2 times in my life, but my memory has improved and I started to understand the meaning of words by a kind of intution, Specially after trying reading books by the palm of my hand..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved