Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82754 01/23/14 06:05 PM
rocklad Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been doing SFQ for about 5 years. Love it, though i'm not as consistent as i want to be. I recently rented (then purchased) a different kind of Qigong DVD. I really like it and would love to alternate between the two types. But I remember Chunyi warning to not try different types (at least when you're new to SFQ). I think that's what he said? What are your thoughts? Any advice? Cautions?

Thank you!

mm

Roadlad, I'm no expect and somewhat of a newbie at SFQ, but I believe I saw maybe in the manual that the teacher said to get a foundation in SFQ first (which it sounds like you've done) and then to split the 2 different qiqongs to different times of the day.

Anyone wanna second me on this advisement?

rocklad Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks, fred. makes sense. i'm also reviewing the manual looking for that subject too. i am really enjoying the new dvd i have (by another teacher) but must say that i still really enjoy sfq too. it feels like home to me (not that it is always easy to remain disciplined, of course). very grateful to lsc and master chunyi!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dear rock lad & Fred_jarvis,

Master Lin recommends finding a system the resonates with you and then spend time learning and developing in it. That said, if you are doing two systems as you are, just be sure to give each its own time and time afterwards to let tat work settle into your system (20-30 minutes after of before doing the other.)

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved