Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

When dipping, if I read a small passage of text to satisfy my objective, and I did not understand it, should I leave this passage (and maybe mark it with a pen to re-read later) and continue super reading and dipping or should I re-read this passage until I understand it before moving on?

Learning Strategies Admin

It probably means it wasn't the answer to your question. Move on. If you haven't found the answer you might come across the same section again, peruse a little longer.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks for your answer.

Sometimes it is the answer for my question, but after reading it for the first time, I don't understand it technically (I'm photoreading a lot of technical books), although it is clear that the passage contains what I'm looking for (sometimes the passage does not contain the answer for my aim, but in this case it is clear for me that I should move on).

So, in case that I find a text passage and it is clear to me that this passage has what I'm looking for (I know that because of some trigger words founded in this passage) should I read it until I understand it completely or move on and come back later to it?

Come back to it later. It gels some more. You can read it more later if needed.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved