Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8184 06/08/05 08:50 PM
OP Offline

I think I'm depressed.

I don't normally get depressed, but, I'm pretty sure I am. I am going to school to be a teacher. I love school and I'm excited about being a teacher. But, I feel really burnt out from the grind of college and being a single mother, coupled with the constant stress of seeking money sources to keep me going 'till I graduate. A windfall of cash and a few weeks off would probably snap me out of it, but, I have to work and do summer school for the money..so..how could I use Learning Strategies stuff I already have to get me out of this slump? I'm completely exhausted and my usual enthusiasm for life is nowhere to be found. I really need to clean my apartment and study for finals before I have to pick up my little boy, but I am sitting here in front of the computer in a slump.

I have:
Ideal Mindset
PhotoReading
Ideal Weight
Personal Genious
10 Minute Energy Supercharger
Deep Relaxation
Postive Relationships
Self-Esteem Supercharger

#8185 06/08/05 10:14 PM

I'm not an expert; I'm still learning, so I'll tell you what I've tried.

Now:
Deep Relaxation, wait 20 minutes, followed by 10-Minute Supercharger.
This should help you release a lot of the physical aspects.

Later:
Self-Esteem Supercharger.
This should put you over the top.

Good luck!

- Eric

#8186 06/08/05 11:47 PM

Eric-
quote:
Deep Relaxation, wait 20 minutes, followed by 10-Minute Supercharger.

Sounds like advice from a pro! I have never thought of that one before...good idea Eric!

Lynn, also try listening to Ideal Weight Session A for a couple days, you'll probably feel lighter and happier. Set your purpose in those sessions to feeling energetic, light and free.

#8187 06/09/05 01:53 AM

Hi Lynn

Good advice from Grant and Eric.

You might also use Personal Relationships and focus on the relationship you have with yourself....cause it sounds like you have gotten disconnected from yourself in all you have to do...

And use it also in relationship to all you have to do...sounds crazy but I think we get into relationships with our "jobs" which for you at this time is all the responsibilities you are carrying.

This may not help but having these times of stress and feeling overwhelmed will help you to have empathy as a teacher, especially when parents have so much going on in their lives they have difficulty getting the homework done with this kids, checking the planner, etc. I have worked with teachers who seem to forget how hectic life can be for their students.

Good luck to you.
Nickie

#8188 06/09/05 02:39 AM
OP Offline

Thanks!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved