Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Alex and Everyone,

I have started PhotoReading last Spring and I enjoyed the whole system very much. I practiced the whole system for averagely 20 minutes a day and I noticed that I read and comprehend a book faster than traditional reading. (At least, I am feeling that way.)

But the progress has been difficult to track and evaluate.

May I know how you are tracking and evaluating your PhotoReading performance? Is there a quantifiable way to evaluate my PhotoReading performance?

I was thinking if I can accurately evaluate my PhotoReading performance, then I can identify if I am on the right track and if I need to make any changes?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jeff

take up higher studies...best way of applying PWMS and learning and hopefully earning more money(coz of applying what you have learnt )!!!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Create mind maps note how many pages the book was, how long you took, how difficult you perceived the style to be and keep that in a ring binder. Remember to date them.

Also forget about trying to improve the system just see what's working. Note your strategies on the back of the mind-map for reference, what worked. Where did you get stuck?

And just because something didn't work for one book us it on another.

Make a note of the activation layers and how you felt if you want. That can all go on the back of mind maps you're creating.

And if you're not creating mind maps as you read, I suggest you do if you want to get over that perceived hurdle.

For the record I hated mind mapping. I knew the rules of mind mapping and it was too much locked in for me. Until I did the Memory Optimizer course. Then I saw the point of mind mapping and found a way of narrowing the focus from a book. And my mind maps look pretty lame because I cannot be bothered redrawing them to be pretty., They are functional as they are.

Alex

OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Thank you for answering to my question.

I will take your advise to track the pages I have read, the time I took and how I perceived during PhotoReading. (And date them!)

Thank you for the advise to make mind maps.....I actually have not activated with mind mapping....because I don't have enough information to mind map. Now I will try to build in layers (at least 6 20-minutes layers for a book as a beginner PhotoReader) and try to create mind maps and see how this approach will change me and my strategies of PhotoReading.

Thank you!!

Jeff

Hello Jeff,
I have been a long time PhotoReader and have had great success with the program. I was introduced to Mindmapping through the course and practiced it until it became automatic. In the beginning the Mindmaps were really fancy and now they are a way to put the stream on paper as fast as it is coming through.

I have found that I need to have a goal or a "why" for Photoreading. It is pretty specific and then I quickly write down through a Mindmap the ideas and insights from the session on the piece of paper, usually there are action steps that come through also. I have a form that I created that works really well, let me know if you want me to send it to you.

OP Offline

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for replying to my question.

Yes I am interested and I do have something for you, too.

I just sent you a message.

Thank you,
Jeff

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved