Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8271 06/20/05 08:05 PM
OP Offline

Looking over this list made me wonder (again... I just don't seem to stop wondering here ) why is everybody using those funny names? Why not just your own? Would it be a problem if someone recognized you if you'd use your real name? I don't really care if anybody does but maybe that's just me. Or is there some other reason?
Just being curious....

Love, Angelina

#8272 06/20/05 08:56 PM

Hiya in part, and a big part at that is internet safty, and I think they are more creative names rather then silly names.

#8273 06/21/05 08:47 PM
OP Offline

Oh, but my parents were very creative when they gave me my name. Didn't hear that one anywhere else until I watched 'Tombraider"..... But I didn't mean funny as in silly. Just funny as in ... well, funny!

Love, Angie

#8274 06/21/05 09:07 PM

LOl I think is would get a bit confusing with 37 Pauls, 26 Johns, 43 Roberts, 37 Rita's, 42 Katie's etc etc. And 2 Angelina's even though, one of you is a little busy to post of message on this Board. lol

may you best day be with you always.

#8275 06/22/05 12:59 AM

Hi Angelina,
My Grandchildren call me Grannie Annie & I love it when they do..that's why it's my user name..lol
And wondering is a good thing.
Grannie Annie

[This message has been edited by Grannie Annie (edited June 21, 2005).]

#8276 06/22/05 03:41 AM

I actually borrowed "Unis" from a carnival prize I won about 23 years ago for "guessing" something correctly (they didn't realize I was a psychic...LOL) - the prize is a cute little stuffed pink Unicorn with a golden horn. She adorns my dressing table, and guards my bedroom.

On Yahoo! and on the CRI forum I'm known as UnicornLady222. The Unicorn to me is a symbol of peace, love and wisdom, and I have a large Royal Dalton collection of Unicorn Plates, mostly by Sue Dawe, reknowned Unicorn artist, as well as several prints, and various other statues, etc. of them.

I'm really not trying to disguise my identity, but I find that unless someone actually goes looking for my profile, most people find it easier to just recognize me as "Unis". I'm very authentic with whatever I dish out, so I don't feel any threats with regard to how people take what I say. You will either love me or hate me - and I really have no control over either response. (But I much prefer you at least like me. ;>0 )

Cheers!
Unis

#8277 06/24/05 12:37 AM

I am spastically private, that's why. I use my initials and, well, one of my favorite pets--my goats.

J.

#8278 06/28/05 10:35 AM

I have a response starting with one's ID but moving on to wider issues on ID.

I think using a specific name is down to creating or being and having a specific identity. Maxwell Maltz (the creator of Psycho Cybernetics) suggests that we all move towards what we want ourselves to become - that is our identity, or self image. The perceived strength of our self image - reflected in our self worth, esteem and confidence can ultimately either propel us forward in life or hold us back from what we could achieve. Choosing an identity or serveral on that journey thru life may well be reflected in how we wish to be perceived by others - hence names, pseudonyms and our outward projection of self, how we dress, live, the symbols that reflect our character, mission etc.

I believe our perceived identity is probably the gretest motivating force within us. It projects us forward or hinders our development. A friend of mine used to run training workshops on ID and Life Management and he started his sessions by asking this question........."If you were to compose your obituary, a short statement about how you lived your life that would appear on your headstone, what would it be?" He often joked that it probably would not say, "I wish I spent more time in the office" or " I was too busy earning a living to live my life".

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved