Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83362 07/28/14 02:10 AM
Smokey Offline OP
OP Offline

I prefer to PR e-books instead of printed text and I use the auto flip option in Adobe (i.e. I don't turn the pages by clicking 'Next Page' , instead the pages turn automatically).
My auto flip speed is 0.01 second, thus I finish PR-ing a 400 pgs. book in 4 seconds. Is that too fast? Will my subconscious be able to absorb all the info in the book at this speed (100 pgs./sec)? What is the maximum speed in the photoreading step?

Learning Strategies Admin

Possibly as the software skips pages to catch up to where it should be. I suspect it wouldn't be too fast for the mind it's too fast for the software.

In other words the refresh rate of the computer screen is not that fast so it's unlikely to display all pages. It takes the computer more than 0.01 of a second to display the page fully. It might display part of a page or more likely in the pattern of faster than 2 pages a second, jumps to the page it should be displaying after the last page it fully displayed. Skipping the bulk of the pages.

Why the rush? 2 pages a second is fast enough to allow the computer to display the page and for you to maintain photofocus.

Alex

Smokey Offline OP
OP Offline

Actually, even though I set to 0.01sec, the speed is not that fast, it still takes more than 4 sec to finish a 400 pgs book, and the speed at which I'm autoflipping is still within the refresh rate range of my monitor so there should be no problem. Btw if the photoreadnig speed is very fast, you leave no chance for your conscious mind to read parts of the text, thus you eliminate the problem of compromising subconscious absorbtion of the material through conscious interference by readnig parts of the text while photoreading. I noticed that oftentimes my mind wanders during photoreading, but if the photoreading time is reduced, concetration goes up( i.e. its easy to keep concetration for 30 sec but photoread a paperback book for 10min. and you got problems)

If it takes 10 minutes to flip a paperback your flipping too slow.

The refresh rate of the monitor is the primary reason pages get skipped when you go too fast. It skips pages to make up for where it should be by that time. It's in the software, not the monitor. If the software is limited to the monitor then you'd notice it's much slower.

Alex

aku Offline

Originally Posted By: Smokey
I prefer to PR e-books instead of printed text and I use the auto flip option in Adobe (i.e. I don't turn the pages by clicking 'Next Page' , instead the pages turn automatically).
My auto flip speed is 0.01 second, thus I finish PR-ing a 400 pgs. book in 4 seconds. Is that too fast? Will my subconscious be able to absorb all the info in the book at this speed (100 pgs./sec)? What is the maximum speed in the photoreading step?
pete bissonette said in forum post, he thought he missed something while he photoflip.. but paul said he could read with palmreading technic .. reading without opening the book.

Yes it's too fast. Software programs jump to where they should be at that point not displaying the pages. You'll skip most pages because it takes 1 to 2 seconds to display a page depending on the amount of programs running in the background, processing strings tied up in memory and how much accessible memory is available in the first place. So not all pages will be displayed.

I suggest reducing it to one second per page. Thus ensuring the page is displayed not skipped.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved