Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

All,

I'm ashamed to say that I used to be a very active and engaged photoreader. However, I haven't used the system in about a year and really want to get back on the horse (so to speak). What's the best way to go about doing this? More importantly, how does one ensure that they don't lose this precious skill? Is this incorporated into everything you do at all times?

Thanks,

- DJ

Learning Strategies Admin

Play with the 4 day test and just PhotoRead lots of book.

You don't lose the skill you change your habit. PhotoReading is something you come back to any time. Just be playful with it always and remember it's like riding a bike, you don't forget how and you do need to use the muscles again to get back to your former style.

So, just do it. Have fun, make it fun.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,

Thanks for your reply; I am curious though how you manage to incorporate photoreading into your life daily? I think today i'm going to sit down and start from Disc 1 and listen all the way through again.

I just do it. It's like tying my shoelaces. I don't think about it I just look at the title of the book, consider my purpose. PhotoRead and if necessary refine my purpose for activation or dump the book as done. Since not every book has information that is new or currently useful I prefer to move on to another book that speaks to me. Last year of those books I didn't dump I activated to completion 485 books. This year I chose to reduce the number of books and activated about 150.

It only takes 5 minutes to prepare preview and PhotoRead most books. Sure when it goes over 400 pages I need another minute for each 120 pages at a slow turn. So it's not much to incorporate. Activate for 10 to 20 minutes here and there. No stress and greater understanding than when I used to read one word at a time. Now I simply read for meaning.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved