Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Alex,

The analogy and illustration is simply brilliant.

I have photoread more than 50 books so far. Attempted activation with more than 30. These are 5 books I was working recently with-
1. Pranic Healing-Choa kok Sui - To understand Pranic healing and its methods so that I can incorporate them in my life for better health.

2. Polity- To understand and remember the meaning and scope of political science and its evolution and be able to write a brief summary on each chapter.

3. What Einstein told his barber- Robert L Wolke- To find answers to the questions discussed and be able to explain someone if needed.

4. Public Administration in a globalising world- To know about the public administration policies and practices in various countries discussed in the book, and be able to produce them.

5. The sharper mind- Fred B. C.- To know about the mental games Author has discussed about, just for curiosity.

In addition to the main purpose, I also turn headings, subheadings and trigger words into questions.

I am getting better at articulation. When I first read 'PhotoReading WMS' book, my purpose was to make use of this system to improve my reading with comprehension, memory and speed. I previewed the book, also came across the diagram that explained Author's train of thoughts. I started with testimonials to know what this system can do for me, then read a quick preview of the entire system. It wasnt enough for me to believe it. So I read about Paul and how he produced the system. Its then I went reading till the end of the book.

Believe me, had I followed Author's train of thoughts at the beginning, I would have ended not believing the system. The testimonials, all those examples of success and the explanation about derivation of this phenomenon were very very essential.

I dont superread. I only skitter and find it more promising because it offers more and slower conscious exposure of the text. Even though, I have to speed up to meet the timer. This affects comprehension. And when comprehension gets affected, I find myself yawning amidst activation. This makes the entire process tedius and boring even after a sound purpose and focus.

Quote:
Activated to a point where I could write a similar book as I have just read

This is how I define success with photoreading! In addition to this, Being able to answer any question using more than 50% vocabulary from the book.
And the failure is, knowing merely the structure of the book and not making sure if the Author has more to offer us beyond our mind probing questions.

It takes years of consistent Photoreading to attain this level, but how can you produce a similar book having attended only 4-11% words is still beyond my understanding.

Thank you

Stweet

Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:
I dont superread. I only skitter and find it more promising because it offers more and slower conscious exposure of the text. Even though, I have to speed up to meet the timer. This affects comprehension. And when comprehension gets affected, I find myself yawning amidst activation. This makes the entire process tedius and boring even after a sound purpose and focus.

This clues me that you are passively reading, Not asking questions. When you have a question your focus is on getting the answer. You don't read all the pages of the phone book to find "peter Potter." You don't even read all the pages for the section relating to Peoples names starting with P. You would scan to find the section (open to the relevant pages / section of the book) then superread near the area of the book. Yep you would still superread, dip and skitter for more clarity, and avoid over-reading. Over reading is as daft as correcting yourself and reading a section again because you noticed you read a word wrong.

It didn't take me years. Took me 2 hours to discover how easy it is to get information from a book with the PhotoReading step alone. Within 6 weeks of learning the system I experimented with PhotoReading 40 books in 2 hours. 6 of the presented some spontaneous information at a later time.

Quote:
but how can you produce a similar book having attended only 4-11% words is still beyond my understanding.

Because you're limiting it to the belief that unless the conscious mind has SAID the words as you read them you haven't actually read it.

The thing is you read for meaning, with your purpose at the heart of the reading process, you ask questions of the author.

The 4 to 11% carries meaning. The rest don't disappear off the page. They add to the meaning without vocalisation.

And to be clear, in my study of comprehension I found subvocalisation is necessary to a degree in order to comprehend with the primary, but miniscule tip of consciousness. The rest is at a deeper level (think of an iceberg) and so if you subvocalise only 4 to 11% you are reading faster and reading for meaning because you are hovering over the peripheral awareness working working with the preconscious processor that has already processed the information when you PhotoRead it.

Yes there is a level of trust involved because we learned through a history of not trusting our own mind. Our beliefs create blocks, as do our doubts that "cannot allow you to understand that it's possible to attend to only 4 to 11% of the word and know that you know it." A bit of a paradox students I know have thrown at me. To my mind, how can the doubt their mind is capable of such feats when they study, with the TV going, listening to music singing alone even, while writing a history report. Copy and past and plagiarising might be involved but consider for a moment the sheer brilliance of a mind that knows even what to copy and past (4-11%) in order to hand in a paper with all that going on.

So part of the steps of the system. Glossed over by most unfortunately even if in the beginning it's important to include this. Enter the Accelerated Learning State before PhotoReading. This is where you drop to a lower brainwave. A brainwave level at which it's easiest to suspend doubt and give oneself positive suggestions. And if you've listened along with the audio course, you'll notice, your purpose is part of the positive statements. It serves to lower the mental resistance you might have to PhotoReading. And side step the false belief that it takes years to learn or master.

As mentioned. Took me two hours. The shock of realising I could have been reading that way a whole lot sooner, like when I entered high school, took me two weeks to get over before I started learning the system proper.

Alex

Hi folks

This forum page discusses, how to have a "Purpose" on how to get information feedback from our reading. Let's get to the main focus point of the information input/output process, of which is what we are trying to accomplish here.
Input- the PhotoReading Processes.

Home Study Course
Input-
Step 1: Prepare = Building a purpose for your reading, and also to get into a mental and physical relaxed state.
Input- Photoreading actions

Output-
Step 5: Activate = Recall Process/Purpose

We as a group would like to get the most from our reading.

PhotoReading in it true sense needs to focus on what we are
going to get out of the reading of information. Such as a focus for what we want to learn in our personal and professional life. Such as in:

.Work/ or a Profession
.Studying and Taking Tests for formal education
.Personal Growth
.Money Management etc.
.Personal pleasure reading
.General reading

Thank You

Clear Minded

Last edited by clearminded; 12/15/14 10:59 PM.

That's why YOUR purpose is important. First learn the system you then you can PhotoReading further. The how to for the benefits you listed are in the Supercharger videos.

First step is to get out of the elementary approach of reading and take reading to the next level.

Alex

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved