Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Just had a thought. What if I make a CD with a number of Paraliminal CD sleep tracks back-to-back (that relate to what I'm trying to resolve) and then have it play repeatedly while I sleep? Is that a good idea or not? ...should we just stick to on sleep track per night?

Also, the advice on taking a 20min break between paraliminals, how come that's not important while sleeping?

Thanks
Harry

[This message has been edited by harry_d7 (edited June 30, 2005).]

I think it's a good idea. Just do it and report here what are the results. And if it feels OK, just continue.

Now that I think of it, I may do the same.... -purjo

I believe the 20 min break applies to different paraliminals.

Sleep tracks are for listening over and over and over again while you sleep. Not for different tracks one after another. We are told when our brain is done processing the information, we will wake up. How would you know how many times to repeat each track if you were to make a CD? How would you add the 20 min break between different sleep tracks?

actually I did just that. I took the programming tracks of my cds and spliced them together so that the programming would be continuous from subject to subject. I used one "induction" part at the beginning to help put myself into state and one revive track at the end.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The 20-minute break applies to coming out. Allowing the mind to process the information. How much it can take in one sitting is quite amazing.

How effective combining multiple sleep session will be is a good question. More is not necessarily better. But it takes "research" to find out. I do suggest you keep a journal of when you listened, the combinations and any changes in you the following week. It may not be attributable to the Paraliminals alone given other life factors but if you find a mix that seems to works for you it makes it faster to use it again next time.

It also makes it easier to share your experiences with others.

One thing about sleep learning or any learning... give it breaks in between. Research shows sleep improves memory. If you are busy learning every night in your sleep when are you going to have the mind doing the integration? So like an exericse program I recommend a recovery time between sessions.

All things in moderation.

Alex

OP Offline

Great stuff - thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking of experimenting with a couple of sleep tracks. For example, assuming I had to make an important presentation on Monday at work, then during the weekend I could listen to a custom sleep-tracks-only CD by combining a couple of tracks, say, Self-Esteem Supercharger & Sales Leap (and perhaps even add Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, or Get Around to it-if I need to prepare for it).

An other example would be before going away with my girlfriend for our summer vacation, I could combine Holiday Cheer, Positive Relationships, Youthful Vitality - you get the picture.

I'll experiment, keep a log and keep you posted. I've done similar things before. Two months ago I made a CD by taking the Holosync Awakening Prologue tracks (The Dive, followed by Immersion) and during the Immersion bit I overlayed the hypnosis/NLP CD track of the "I can make you Thin" Paul McKenna book... I timed it in such a way so that when Paul counts-up & wakes you up at the end of the session, the Immersion track then ends. It worked very well (McKenna's CD has nice music on it that combines well with the raindrops of Holosync). Just made sure to do all this editing with maximum quality as to not distort the Holosync signals.

After a couple of weeks of listening to the above I got the Ideal Weight CD and went with that - I prefer it, but occasionally listen to the McKenna CD as well. In combination though, and after 2 months or regular use, I've lost over 24lbs!

[This message has been edited by harry_d7 (edited July 01, 2005).]

Hi Harry:

This is sooo cooooool!!! I've been looking at doing some of the same with some of my own stuff using the Awakening Prologue CD (which is now gathering dust because I've moved up the line), but wondered about the effectiveness.

And congratulations on the weight loss - I just started using the Weight Paraliminal, so I'm encouraged that someone else has had such good results.

I also find my subconscious gets along real well with Paul McKenna's techniques. I'll have to take a look at his "I'll Make You Thin" offering, as well.

Cheers,
Unis

I have to agree with the comments about Paul McKenna, his products are top notch and are an excellent complement to Paul Scheele's products!

OP Offline

Just wanted to say that I've now given the McKenna CD+book to my sister as she also wants to lose weight like me, so we'll see if it works on her as well as it worked on me.

By the way, Paul McKenna has a weight loss CD you can get from Amazon, that has two tracks. In the first track, he explains his easy weight loss system (just 7 Principles-very simple and make a lot of sense), and the second track is a 15mins hypnosis using double induction/similar to Paraliminals-talking in each ear simultaneously, while using NLP and other Hypnosis methods).

I used that one for 7 days daily and applied the 7 principles. Then I got the same program but on DVD. Again there are two "tracks"... in the first one, you see Paul explaining his principles (exactly same script that is on audio CD). What is great is that you also see two of his weight loss participants, before and after - very motivational. Then the 2nd track is the actual hypnosis. Now this is similar, but it also has the added benefit of putting you in a trance with stunning images of water, tropical beaches etc... it is cleverly made: you almost entrain to the slow movement of the waves, and it uses defocusing and other visual ways of putting you in a receptive state- simply brilliant!

Having said that, I viewed the DVD only about 4-5 times, as it's more practical for me to listen to my CD with my Walkman - without needing a TV in front of me!

Then I found out that he has a new book, "I Can Make You Thin" which comes with a CD (again you can find it on his site, or from Amazon). In the book he simplifies his system even further: he keeps only the 4 principles! The CD hypnosis is very similar, but is longer, about 20mins. The music is the same-very relaxing. In his book he also gives a number of NLP-based techniques for controlling your urges for certain foods, and visualizing your ideal body. This longer track is what I used and mixed with the Holosync Awakening Prologue.

Comparing the Ideal Weight Paraliminal to Paul McKenna's I'd say that they are both based on sound principles, like making you aware of your own body and its needs - eg. your body knows what foods and in what quantities it needs to eat something and when it is or isn't hungry. They both help you "listen to the wisdom of your own body". They both use visualizations, and similar NLP methods like "stepping into your future ideal you", etc... And they both don't make you follow a specific diet. So they can be used, whatever your diet style is.

I think they complement each other very well. However, the Paraliminal is more general, in that is can be used for people that need to put on weight as well.

McKenna's method has an over 70% success rate. You can find more about his method online http://www.paulmckenna.com/weight_loss_seminar.html.

I've read the comments by many people here about the Ideal Weight Paraliminal and it seems that a few had no success with it. I believe that they need to work on other issues that hinder their weight loss. As the Ideal Weight CD booklet explains, other Paraliminals are suggested to work on those issues first. Even Paul McKenna says that many people eat because of emotional problems and they need to resolve those first.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved