Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Every time I enter the relax alertness state before photoreading, I will feel sleepy and starting to lose my concentration. Does anyone face this problem? and how to fix it?
PS.I noticed that every time I have great concentration I will start feeling sleepy.

Last edited by iamthefox; 01/05/15 04:00 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin

I suggest you shorten the time spent entering the Accelerated Learning State. You won't need it as much for PhotoReading after 20 or so books if you're learning on your own.

Alex

Yes, I have dozed off many times, during the ALS.

These are few things that I changed, try it and see if it works for you.
1. Keep the time short (As suggested by Alex)
2. Stay at warm room. Or wear an extra layer if it could keep you just a little warm.
3. Drink water, a glass atleast.
4. Do stretches. Do a full body stretch, including all the major muscles of your body.
5. Before entering ALS, keep an alarm, of the time you intent to stay in the state.

It will take some time, to adjust, then you see the results.

OP Offline

Originally Posted By: cooldubai
Yes, I have dozed off many times, during the ALS.

These are few things that I changed, try it and see if it works for you.
1. Keep the time short (As suggested by Alex)
2. Stay at warm room. Or wear an extra layer if it could keep you just a little warm.
3. Drink water, a glass atleast.
4. Do stretches. Do a full body stretch, including all the major muscles of your body.
5. Before entering ALS, keep an alarm, of the time you intent to stay in the state.

It will take some time, to adjust, then you see the results.

I spend around 1 minutes, is it too much?
Thanks for your and Alex suggestion

1 minute?

Is that correct?

A minute? Wow, you better tell us what you're telling yourself in that one minute because I think you've stumbled upon the cure for insomnia.

If entering the accelerated learning state, we at first spend a couple of minutes just relaxing. If you're zoning out at that point. Get more sleep you obviously need it. Since falling asleep at that point usually happens to the sleep deprived.

The other reason you might be falling asleep within the minute, you're allowing yourself to be bored and letting the mind wander off.

Make sure you're sitting upright and sit a little more to the front edge of the seat. Don't use the backrest. As soon as you hit that nice relaxed focused state, say your affirmations and move on.

Once you've done it a few times 3 in and out breaths will be enough to state your intent and purpose and start flipping pages.

Alex

OP Offline

I mean I spend 1 minute to enter ALS and I am not insomnia, I have daily 8 hours of sleeping.
Sorry for digging old post.
Thanks

No harm in spending a little more time entering the Accelerated Learning State in the beginning.

Now if you fall asleep 3 minutes or so. You must be tired when you're attempting to PhotoRead.

Make sure you're sitting upright, feet flat on the floor with the book propped up in front of you ready to go. Say the instructions out loud if you find the mind wandering off and letting you drift to sleep.

Alex

OP Offline

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
No harm in spending a little more time entering the Accelerated Learning State in the beginning.

Now if you fall asleep 3 minutes or so. You must be tired when you're attempting to PhotoRead.

Make sure you're sitting upright, feet flat on the floor with the book propped up in front of you ready to go. Say the instructions out loud if you find the mind wandering off and letting you drift to sleep.

Alex

I will try it.
Thanks Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved