Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83718 01/15/15 03:29 PM
OP Offline

Hi all,

Is there any test, to know that, one has found success in photoreading?

I am not asking for a standarise test, but something in the nature of "tells".

Because I feel like I have finally started to Photoread. It has become quite natural now, so I really can't find the difference compared to my learning while practicing PR and learning employing PR.

Things I notice that, I am more organised while reading. I ask more questions. What-ever I read, I read with some resonating purpose. Activation starts from asking some generic question, then turns to more core focus question. Then adjoin smaller concepts, to find the picture.

Something which really is totally new was activation, without the book. A book which I activated using mind-map, just activated some profound insight about the book, randomly. When I opened the book, I could conciously activate the book with less effort.

At times I find a sentence in a book, and I just know that this is a golden text. The following paragraphs about to explain this, then there are chapters explaining the same thing. Its like I can x-ray the structure of the book.

So still I guess, have I really started the actual "Photoreading".

cooldubai #83721 01/16/15 10:03 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

That's one of the tells.
Quote:
It has become quite natural now, so I really can't find the difference compared to my learning while practicing PR and learning employing PR.

Some questions, how did you know you were really reading? When did you know how to tie shoe laces, what's the test for that? When you have a job, how to you know when you know your job? What test are there?

Usually when you just do it naturally, that's when you've got it. That's when you start looking at taking it to another level if you want to challenge yourself.

Alex

cooldubai #83724 01/16/15 10:45 AM
OP Offline

Hey Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

How do I take it to next level? I mean what would the next level be?

cooldubai #83731 01/19/15 09:38 AM

Well most people use PhotoReading for reading. What about using reading to change your life? What areas would you like to improve on, what do you need to learn, how quickly can you learn?

Alex

Quote:
how did you know you were really reading?

When your teacher told you "good job" and you tested well for your comprehension.

Quote:
When did you know how to tie shoe laces

When your parents told you "Good Job" because you did it the way they showed you.

Quote:
When you have a job, how to you know when you know your job?

When you followed instructions and your boss or piers told you "good job" and your boss gave you a positive review.

cooldubai #83777 02/02/15 10:27 AM

Neal, is that the only way you knew you were reading? Because the teacher gave you a check mark?

Do you really want to rely on other people telling you "good job"? That would mean everything you read would have to be a prepared test for you to pass. What's in that for you?

What's in reading for you?

Do you take a shower an have someone say, good job? Or wash the dishes? Can you tell for yourself if you've done a good job? How?

Alex

That is the only way I knew I was reading correctly. I think that is how we are conditioned. Didn't you rely in your early years on your parents giving you encouragement? Didn't you rely on that in the early years of school? I did.

You know, I have been a very slow reader all my life. I have not gone above 150 words/min. I want to be able to quickly assimilate books as it currently takes me weeks or months to learn a new subject. I took college classes, but never got a degree, because there was too much reading and I could not keep up.

Most of the knowledge I have gained has been because I have tried and either succeeded or failed and received feedback to that extent. As I received positive feedback, I would continue down that road until I got negative feedback and then changed direction. That probably sounds pathetic, but when you read slow, you have to find other ways to learn and succeed.

By the way, your last line above, Do you take a shower and have someone say, good job? is very demeaning. I don't know if you meant it that way, but a remark like that is beneath all of us. That is like you are talking to an idiot.

If you never learned something new and relied on someone else to tell you if you did well or not, then I don't know what world you came from.

cooldubai #83787 02/03/15 10:13 AM

Quote:
You know, I have been a very slow reader all my life. I have not gone above 150 words/min. I want to be able to quickly assimilate books as it currently takes me weeks or months to learn a new subject. I took college classes, but never got a degree, because there was too much reading and I could not keep up.

Then you won't expect to be a overnight success at PhotoReading.

Do the 5 day test on some books. And you might need to give yourself a few more days than 5 days. That's cool If you get something out of those 5 days you made progress. Build from there. It's not going to happen unless you start doing it. And the course and the book gives you the guidepost.

I cannot give you PhotoReading it's something you need to do.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved