Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83798 02/06/15 08:58 PM
Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey guys..

I am on activate my choice book. it has 72 chapter. i dont know how to pick out trigger words of all 72 chapter as i want to activate all. Should i write down mind probing questions of all chapters? in one activate pass, should i need to go from start to finish of the book in 30 minutes? my purpose is to understand all chapters for exam. Thank you in advance.

Learning Strategies Admin

The book of your choice should be about 200 pages for this first exercise.

In pulling trigger words, during Postviewing, spend no more than 12 minutes with the books. Pull about 18 words and form at least one question. Aim for 3 questions, no need to exceed that. If you have 3 questions from your Postviewing, there is no need to spend the full allotted time.

Alex

Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you alex for fast reply.
The book is 289 pages. But has 72 chapters!

Another thing I want to ask is that, can i remember history dates and events when i activate? I dont know if memory optimizer course is different than PR in remembering. It is difficult to remember so many dates in history books. If i buy memory optimizer course, is it better than PR to remember history dates amd events?
Thanks!!

The book that you're suggesting has 72 pages sounds like it has 72 suggested ideas. Start activating in the ones you want to know first. Postview to see where your curiosity takes you. Pull trigger words from the whole book.

Yes. If it's important enough to pull from the book.

Your memory continues to work the same way, use it or lose it. That's why you need to draw a mind map and review it. One week after learning the learner will have forgotten as much as 80%

If tested after finals college students would fail because they would barely be able to answer 40% of the material correctly.

So depending on how long you want to remember it. Review your mind maps. It saves reading a book again, whether you apply PhotoReading or just plain reading.

Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok thanks!!!

My another question was how didferrent memory optimizer course is from photoreading in terms of remembering? How i will benefit from it in studying? Thanks!

Memory Optimizer is course with a variety of ways to remember stuff. One of the techniques that I favour is Analograffiti. Nearest similarity is Mind mapping and yet it's a different strategy. Then the ABC list is a great way of creating a bookmark of information you learn from the subject.

It also talks about Memory Gap management. That is a strategy to apply when you notice that something you wanted to remember wasn't hooked.

The anchorman list is useful for making a list when you don't have pen and paper.

The course also teaches how you can work on remembering your class notes and subjects while waiting in a queue for example, without having the list in front of you. And you learn why 5 minutes is a good block of time to start remembering things in.

Alex

Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hmm.. actually I am finding it difficult to remember study related matter with mindmaping. This course looks good.

back to mind probing questions, i am getting very good results from other than textbooks books. but now when I am activating my textbooks, I came to know that textbooks have much much more information than other books.
What I am doing is, I form a master question for one paragraph than individual questions. but then i have to dip into the entire paragraph.. this keep on happening with all paragraphs as well.
EXample-

""Characteristics of Arthropods""

""Despite the remarkable variety of arthropod species, all share aspects of a single basic body plan. All arthropods possess a stiff exoskeleton (external skeleton) composed primarily of chitin . In some species, lipids, proteins, and calcium carbonate may also contribute to the exoskeleton. The external skeleton offers organisms protection as well as support for the body. Its walls provide anchors for the attachment of muscles. The exoskeleton is incapable of growth, and is molted (shed) repeatedly during the growth of the animal. This process is called ecdysis. Molting allows for rapid growth until the newly secreted exoskeleton hardens."""

so, should I form small small questions because the information is so dense? but it will take too much questions to activate one paragraph then! or form one master question for the entire paragraph?
thanks!!

Textbooks,

Treat each chapter as a book in itself. Lecturers often jump forward and backward in using most textbooks during the year. So activate as the lesson sessions require.

Subheadings are one way to form questions. Usually the section following the subhead will answer the questions.

eg. What are the characteristics of Arthropods.

Skittering, External skeleton, primarily chitin. Protect & support body. Incapable of growth, Shed repeatedly, growing animal. Stiff.

And yes I noted that lipids protein Calcium carbonate may may contribute to the skeleton. It's something I would come back to add to a mind map.

Since I don't know what class subject is about... I'd wonder if knowing the exact names of the processes of moulting and hardening is relevant. That of course depend on the course itself what it is about. In taxidermy, that wasn't necessary.

Alex

Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline

You photoread and dipped in my post or just photoread and typed so much??

We have to also remember the exact names and a lot of stuff. Thats why it becomes very painful to memorize these things.
Is memory a by product of photoreading or I need to form a separate different purpose for remembering?

I super read and dip post. I probably PhotoRead them as I scroll down the page.

When I have to remember exact names I'd use analografffiti and ABC list (ABC list are taught in the Memory Optimizer course. Anolograffiti is briefly explained in the manual)

How well can you trust your memory?

Really if you want to remember stuff it comes down to use it or lose it. One way to use it is to peg it to your existing memory web by taking a few moments to make something memorable of it.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved