Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

Topic said it all, how long would you think it is the ideal time if not include the dip time just move finger down at the middle of page?
Thanks

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

16 seconds per page.

Alex

OP Offline

So that's mean if I active the 500 pages of book by super read, I need to use at least 133 mins of one layer of activation?
I think that is quite a lot of time or I misunderstand something?
Thanks

iamthefox,

Photoreading is selective reading, you dont need everything of a book. And only 4-11% words carry meaning that will satisfy your purpose. so, in one activation layer, you will cover those 11% words once, wherever they are located. that is why you also dont need to super read every page. super read the page you feel where your questions can most likely be answered. listen to your hunches. after photoreading you will feel where to go and search for your answer. spend 20 minutes max for one activation layer.

i am activating my textbooks now and they take a long time than other books. for other books, i find them very easy after photoreading. it is as if i know this information from very long and i am just re discovering it. it is fun. sometimes i dont even super read for activation. i start mindmaps and the informations comes automatically with well organized manner! amazing.
so, dont worry about how long you super read, you may get very nice results even if you rapid read through the books. you have to try for many many times to know what is working for you and what is not working for you. after learning photoreading, i may have discarded hundreads of books just after preview than what i activated so far...

OP Offline

Thanks for your suggestion Cosmo smile

I am just newbie who try to find what work for me like you told me to do but I just testing the system for now.

I think super read is the scanning technique that will find the 11% or it's not?

If I not use super read to scan the book, how should I know where is important or where I will dip it? Normally, I just super read until some words catch my attention(important due to my purpose) so I dip in.

Am I do it wrong?

Thanks

Last edited by iamthefox; 03/09/15 01:23 PM.

No, hardly anyone could go wrong doing any technique in photoreading unless they alter the sequence.

Newbies often get confused over super reading because it is not explained in the course nicely. You have to use it for many materials or alter its pattern to get it to work. technically, super reading is purposeful skimming. it is as simple as that. now, if you super read every page, then it will take you 2-3 hours to get through a book. but that is not required because the system wants you to be selective for a text you are exploring and be questioning about it.
it is like, your friend is holding a book in his hand and you want to know what is there in the book. but he is not allowing you to read it. so what will you do? you will ask him questions. the same approach is with activation.

And yes, dont think activation is just about finding answers to your questions. many unusual things happen when you start activating. You may feel new information flooded in your memory out of nowhere! this is amazing experience. Like, you activating for the description of a pizza and you suddenly getting all in depth knowledge about pizza given in the book. This is activation! Look for such flooding of information when you activate. Otherwise we feel we have activated a book when we get some structure about the book. This is not the actual benefit. you can get the structure by just previewing!

JUST keep on doing it, you will never be worried about where to dip. initially you will feel to dip every paragraph. dip into it. no problem. but see if you get all the information you are looking for. if not, then dip again. what is essential is, to keep on doing it. after a few days, when you will start activating, you will feel as if you have read the book word for word thrice! it feels so easy to activate books! just keep on doing it.

OP Offline

But how can I dip if I am not super read, or just flip through page and dip in?

see, this is where your purpose would play a role. when you preview and postview, you get an idea of 1. what you are interested in and 2. where you can find it.
so when you activate, you jump to that portion and super read. when you see something that addresses your question, you dip in. once you are done, you move to another question. this is how you locate where to dip in.
and when you dip, your eye consciously recognize the link in your subconscious and a stream of information comes alive. and so, to record that, you will start making a mindmap. and when you start making a mindmap, you will see new associative information jumps in... you may even remember some instances in the past that are some or the other way associated to the information you are mindmaping.

OP Offline

So I still need to super read every page right?

If your purpose needs it, then yes. When you have purpose to know all of the book in depth, then you need to explore every page. If your purpose is to find out two techniques for better handwriting, then you will not have to superread every page.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved