Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Topic said it all
For now, I rest 10 mins per activation layer(I active it for 20 mins). Is it ok? What is the ideal time?
Thanks

Last edited by iamthefox; 03/26/15 08:02 AM.
Learning Strategies Admin

At least 5 minutes then 15 minutes at the top of an hour of studying. Applies to studying as well.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks Alex smile

I've read other posts about activation layers.
Shouldn't be 20 minutes (5 last minutes to mind mapping) or 10 (2 last minutes to mind mapping)?

If you feel limited in time, you can mind map as you go. If you're only activating for five to 10 minutes, know your purpose.

I PhotoRead and activated in 10 minutes to learn specific code to rescue data off my computer. My purpose was on my mind from the word go so I only PhotoRead the book as much as needed and then activated. Then put the knowledge into action. Mind map was a scrap of paper with the 4 sets of code I needed.

Alex

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
If you feel limited in time, you can mind map as you go.
Alex

But not coming back and reading the same text passage more than once on the same activation layer, write?

Just reading and putting some triggers words on the mind map to not stop the reading flow and to not coming back to Reread something on the same activation layer.

Last edited by maxmeida; 04/14/15 06:24 PM.

Quote:

But not coming back and reading the same text passage more than once on the same activation layer, write?

Why not? Who's writing the rules what you can and cannot do?

The system is 5 steps. Steps we learned that are most productive. That means we often cast our eyes over the text more than once at varying speeds?

Why not just try it and see what works for you?

I don't bother putting trigger words on mind maps. I make note of what is relevant to my purpose on the mind map. If I later need to go over it again to connect, I do. No one is standing over my shoulder to make sure I do it right. I know I got it right when I got what I need from the text for my purpose.

Alex

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus

Why not? Who's writing the rules what you can and cannot do?
Why not just try it and see what works for you?
Alex

Sure, I agree with you. There are no rules and each person is free to do whatever works best. I was talking about a suggestion (not a rule) you gave me on the following post:

https://www.learningstrategies.com/forum...84072#Post84072

You've said:

Quote:

During one activation layer, activate and move on. Don't re-read a passage or section just then. You may glance over it again in another activation layer. Again don't dwell too long.

Some days after reading your suggestion I've read something similar in the PhotoReading book. The author suggests superread and dip a text passage and then move on to another one. I don't if I'm write, but, in my opinion, the main reason of this is to not spend too much time on a text passage since we can learn it best on a later activation layer and we can learn in layers.

But in my mind, this are suggestions and ideas, as you've said, each person is free to choose what works best.

Last edited by maxmeida; 04/15/15 02:22 PM.

The reason to move on is to allow the preconscious processor to work on it some more. It saves you time in analysing. There is no reason why you cannot go over the same text for a different question in the one activation layer. Or if you only plan to do ONE short activation. There's no point in leaving it if you know your answer is there.Go back and skitter if necessary.

Try it and see.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved