Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Learning Strategies Admin

Yes purpose depends on what you're going to read.

Purpose of getting healthy won't be found in a math book.
Nor will an economic book teach you about health.

So if your purpose includes math for example, what in your next activation layer are you going to learn.

Have you ever noticed that teachers usually teach one formula and then later teach the other? Their purpose is to build the foundation, what you need to know first, to build on the more difficult stage.

You learn better if you follow a similar pattern. First purpose would be to build the foundation and build on that.

So you long term goal may be to pass the course for a career in...
At this point you need to learn [subject / book] so that you can pass x stage exam.

And you can break it down to subsets by having a unique purpose for each activation layer,

So it might mean, your purpose is to learn/understand/ do the calculations/ write the formulas so "that I can" understand the next section of the course with ease. Or so that I can explain the formula to my friend, or, so that I can answer the instructors questions tomorrow, or so that I can start my project of.

Notice, you're purpose states how you will use the information.

If you have a long term goal and you're at the beginning of a course that last 3 or 4 years your long term purpose may lose it motivation to open the books because the amount you have to learn and how long it's going to take seems so huge, I don't recommend it as a go to purpose for activation.

Like the lessons, you need to chunk it down. Take smaller bites out of the elephant if you plan to eat it. Decide to take care of this part today another part tomorrow. And remind yourself the long term purpose from time to time to help you decide a shorter term purpose and don't be afraid to break it down further for each activation layer.

Each time you crack open a textbook you can have a different or slightly different purpose. That way you know at the end of the activation layer whether you have moved closer to your goal.

Alex

OP Offline

Photoread4me
For example, one article about introduce the latest movie, I want to know about the movie plot, as well as the audience's comment, so I can make a decision to OR not to go to the cinema to see the film..
Okay. I asked should be the end of a day, continue to ask, I will become more dependent on your help. I have to practice more, and then to BBS to ask questions.

CCXIAN

OP Offline

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your patience solutions, what if my teacher would say I bother, ha ha. My intuition told me, your answer is very detailed, I have to pause to ask questions. I think, my question on the BBS other posts can find the answer, so I can stop asking some questions too simple. Ha ha ..
Actually you can consider the integration of the problem on the BBS, a lot of people question the basic are the same. Don't you think so?
CCXIAN

Last edited by 2016CCXIAN; 05/21/16 03:00 AM.

CCXIAN,
What is the title of the article?

How many pages is the article?

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Dear Alex,
How do you judge PR is effect? How do you know that after a series of operations, the realization of the aim of reading the book at first? Such as PhotoReading this book

OP Offline

Photoread4me,
The title of the article is the name of the movie. Probably have more than three pages, wrote the film inside the main plot, equipped with film illustrations, and fan's comments, the fans is the main content.
CCXIAN

Originally Posted By: 2016CCXIAN
Dear Alex,
Thank you for your patience solutions, what if my teacher would say I bother, ha ha. My intuition told me, your answer is very detailed, I have to pause to ask questions. I think, my question on the BBS other posts can find the answer, so I can stop asking some questions too simple. Ha ha ..
Actually you can consider the integration of the problem on the BBS, a lot of people question the basic are the same. Don't you think so?
CCXIAN

You're quite right the answers have come up before. If you're already a proficient PhotoReader then searching the forum post would be a straight forward option. quick search PhotoRead and activate what you need from the pages.

If you don't know then it's going to be like crawling through mud. Too much to read the traditional way and difficult to figure out which part of the post / threads are in answer to your questions.

Since we're talking about activation that exactly highlights the need to know what you want to know. If you don't know that, well it's as much fun as an archaeology dig through dung heap looking for what you might find that's useful. And that is the way you learned to read. Just search though the mess and then it's up to you to figure out what is valuable. Purpose helps you decide what is valuable. So you start your search keeping your eye out for the valuable.

Quote:
How do you judge PR is effect? How do you know that after a series of operations, the realization of the aim of reading the book at first? Such as PhotoReading this book

If you have as much as you would get from normal reading, that is a way to tell that it is done. In the beginning you'll say I'm not sure I got everything, so you do a last rapid read from beginning to end (should only take 30 minutes for the book at the most). Then notice what you learned, ask yourself was it worth the extra time. In most cases you'll answer no. That's you start building the inner knowing that you're done with the book.

Also in the beginning do more activation layers rather than less. It's how you train the body mind connection.

Activating a article Movie?

To learn if you might be interested in the movie.

Purpose to find out if this movie is something I might like so that I can decide if I want to see it.

3 pages? Quick PhotoRead.
Activate, find out if it's the type of movie you want to watch, see if you can categorise it (drama, comedy, romance etc) also superread and dip to get an idea of the story setting, theme, era, mood, whatever aspects of a movie, fiction or non-fiction book you might decide to activate further.

Alex

OP Offline

Dear Alex,
Thank you very much. Your answer gave me great help, let me see PhotoReading correctly. I have a problem. PhotoReading can go beyond normal reading comprehension? How does it transcend? Because of repeated?
CCXIAN

PhotoReading uses more of your mind and longer term memory than traditional reading.

Alex

Hello,

Quote:
PhotoReading uses more of your mind and longer term memory than traditional reading.

Should I consider this as a parameter for success at photoreading? Is all activated information a 'longer term' one?

Also I am finding it difficult to get the luxury of having someone ask me questions on something I photoread. How does one manage when he is at his own?

What is quicker and more powerful in terms of results- activating a book with multiple passes or activating it by having someone question you and engage into a conversation?

Thanks..

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved