Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Born on 6/21/80 and according to every Chinese source I'm born in the year of the Monkey in the element of METAL yet after reviewing a few times Diamond Feng Shui it says that I fall under the fortune element WOOD which confuses me and my friend who is born on 11//09/50 Tiger in the year of metal yet again under Diamond Feng Shui it says he falls under WOOD fortune element.My sister B-Day is 9/3/92 and all her life was reading Monkey under water fortune element yet here it says METAL. Huh? Could use help in better understanding this matter .

I also had this question and had it clarified as follows - Many feng shui practitioners work more with the year element than the fortune element. Marie has found, however, that utilizing the fortune element has far more impact on your personal energy than the year element, hence the discreptancy - hope that helps.

OP Offline

Though still a bit puzzled nonetheless thank you.

Hi,

I have an old edition of the course and there you do not only find the fortune element but also the actual element of the year.

@IslandSoul: You are still born in the year of Metal Monkey. The fortune element is something else which Marie Diamond finds helpful. This fortune element is NOT identical with the "official" year element.

Astrid

Could someone please clarify when to use the fortune element? I am #7, water but the fortune element is metal and Marie says water weakens metal. Please explain how to use the different elements: when & where would be most beneficial.

Thank you so much for your help!

Melanie

Hi Melanie,,

#7 is associated with metal according the the 8 directions. But the year number is only used to determine your favourable and unfavourable directions.

Just check the list, find your year and the associated fortune element. In my old edition the explanation can be found on page 32 of level 1 (Love Diamond Facet - Rose): "Your fortune element can help you determine the best colors for you. Use them in your environment and clothing."

Astrid

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved