Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Could Paraliminals and Silva Method be used together? How?
The one thing I am concerned is that the Paraliminal process is not like Silva where you are at your level and consciously visualize, etc
Annapolitano

Learning Strategies Admin

In a word yes.

As a Silva Ultramind Instructor and Sila Method grad with 15 years of using the method
I recommend them.

Many beginners using Silva tend to stray and not know what to do at level This is particularly the case in emergency or stressful situations.

The Paraliminals start you off with your intention then uses the same nonconscious mind that you access while at level for problem solving when you apply Silva.

It adds to the variety and actually helps to get to level faster. Try thinking of a successful Paraliminal session when you do the countdown.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks, Alex. I am a long time Silva Grad.
I guess it would not hurt to do the visualizations at Level 1. It feels funny that Paraliminal instructions say chose a path (example from New History Generator). I could drift off and miss it (consciously). Will the non-conscious follow the instructions? Select the path in this case? Or look at a mirror (another case)?

The conscious mind isn't the part of us that does programming it's tells the non conscious mind what we want. That's why might say I am on a diet and the next moment snack on something not suitable for our diet. The nonc onscious mind been a decision maker that serve us (like the internal signal that now is the time to visit the throne or smallest room in the house)

All of them were created by your instructions (I'm never gonna do that again; hummm yummy I like that) and reactions (tense stomach and shoulders, shallow breathing; happy contented signals) and acted on non consciously because it was learned non consciously. It only requires a clear intent or purpose and it will work it out.

In a relaxed state (at level) we can communicate better with the non conscious mind? Or can we? In the beginning most Silva Grads experience success at a couple of mind techniques. Their curiosity keeps their conscious doubts out of the way. They have a clean slate and beginners mind.

Then they go home and start programming the biggies, the stuff they have always wanted to change lose weight, for example. They go to level do the steps and start wondering why they don't feel as relaxed as they did in class are they deep enough?

Is it going to work? Getting ever so slightly tense not noticing the state of being relaxed and tense at the same time. We are so used to this as humans so why should we notice it.

Then the mental self talk starts during the programming. Tiny hints of doubt. Something else we are used to and do well.

So what is the non conscious mind supposed to do? It waits until you give it clear instructions and hand over the reigns You've forgotten the main instruction associated with programming at level? Focus on the goal not the steps in between.. The reason it doesn't work is because you haven't let the non conscious mind do it's job. You keep throwing ice into the hot water it never comes to the boil.

When you Listen to a Paraliminal you state your purpose and then let the non conscious mind handle the details. It has always managed it. Better than the conscious mind which is always worried if it missed anything, got the details right. So if the conscious mind naps while listening to the Paraliminal all the better. The conscious mind is out of the way not throwing more ice into the water.

Using Paraliminals provide the Silva Grads with ability to let the non conscious mind handle the details. When you are successfully improving your life in the direction you want you naturally will find it easier to relax and program confidently.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved