Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8570 08/29/05 08:21 PM
Carmelo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello, everyone. I am seeking assistance with a major self-change project. What I am working on right now is incorporating the Sedona Method's releasing process into my life.

For those of you who may not be familiar with it, according to Hale Dwoskin, author of the book "The Sedona Method", releasing involves letting go of any aspect of your mental & emotional experience that you want at will. The author primarily focuses on the negative aspects, though according to him you can apparently let go of the positive aspects and actually benefit as well.

These aspects include feelings, beliefs, resistance, and even possibly physical ailments.

Once you truly let go of one aspect of your experience, that aspect is apparently no longer a part of you and you never have to deal with it again.

What I am looking to do is to be able to do this at will on a consistent basis. Even after reading the book, I have had only limited success in using the process as far as I can tell. This is primarily when I used the Belief Paraliminal to end up believing (for a short period of time) that "I had complete control over my mental and emotional experience." Even then, the vast majority of my results seemed to come when I was enjoying a Holosync CD and consciously chose to release during my listening session. Whenever I was not listening to Holosync, however, my releasing results seemed to be very limited.

If anyone has any advice on how I can use Learning Strategies products to get this done, it would be most appreciated. Currently, I own the following products:

Anxiety Free
Automatic Pilot
Belief
Deep Relaxation
Instantaneous Personal Magnetism
New Belief Generator
New History Generator
New Option Generator
Perfect Health
Positive Relationships
Prosperity
Sales Leap
Self Esteem Supercharger
Youthful Vitality
Photoreading
Abundance for Life

Again, any and all input from any perspective would be appreciated, as I do want to get this done.

-Carmelo

#8571 08/30/05 02:10 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I've not checked out the book since I did the course. One thing I think is interesting is the fact you mentioned
quote:
t "I had complete control over my mental and emotional experience."

One of the more powerful aspects that I found in the course is releasing on the wanting to control. Wanting to control is what keeps us in frustration. It denies our feelings and it's one of the blockers of successful releasing.

Releasing on having to clean up. You might ask yourself coule I left go of the frustration I feel about having to clean up this mess. Try,Could I release on wanting to control this mess? Even deeper, Could I release on wanting to control them (to get them to clean up this mess they made). Is often a deeper release than the question can I release my feelings about this mess. You probably went argh, They left a mess again. The should clean it up, they shouldn't have left it in the first place.

I found that once I started releasing wanting to control I took back what I could control and recognised what was outside my control, saving myself some frustration.

I would go with New Options Generator since one of the reasons relaseing is difficult is we don't know where we are going to end up when we let go of what we know.

Alex

#8572 08/30/05 08:43 PM
Carmelo Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, Alex! I'll give it a shot.

-Carmelo

#8573 09/02/05 12:58 AM

Hi Carmelo,

Whenever there is a step by step process that I need to repeat often and consistently I use Automatic Pilot. I have the tape, and it is side B that I use for this particular purpose. I think it would be session B on the CD, the session where Paul gets you to hardwire steps to a goal.

I have actually used this session very successfully with step by step processes and I have used it for the 3 step Sedona Release method and things like the Natural Brilliance cycle of Release, Notice, Respond, Witness. I didn't want to lose the full benefit of either of those processes so maybe a little doubt that I hadn't had them fully integrated helped me take the step with making extra sure that I integrate them, like you want to make sure with Sedona.

How I see Automatic Pilot Side B, is that you hardwire a process that triggers at a certain stimulus. For example, for Sedona the trigger could be any negative stress (or just an awareness of a feeling) you're feeling. The steps for the session would be:

1) Be aware of my feelings
1) Notice a particular feeling (could be negative or positive)
2) Could I...?
3) Would I...?
4) When?
5) Release

Grant

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited September 01, 2005).]

#8574 09/02/05 05:03 AM

Hi Carmelo
I have been doing Sedona for a few years now, and little by little it just gets better and better.

I totaly agree with Alex here on the control issue. That one sometimes sneaks up on me without my seiing it. It can be subtle.

Here are a few ideas on top of the good Auto Pilot one:

Youthful Vitality- most of the young kids that I know are realy good at leting go, and being present in the moment.

Positive relationships- with yourself!!!

Prosperity or abundance for life- an abundance of bliss and emotional freedom.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Your intuition may be your best guide here. What resonates for you?

Ray

#8575 09/07/05 08:01 PM
Carmelo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, Grant. First, I want to thank your for posting your reply. Your help is really appreciated!

Second, I want to say that I have not viewed the forum in the past few days, so that is why it took me so long to get back to you.

Interestingly enough, Automatic Pilot was a program that I had not really given much consideration to with the project that I am undertaking. I'll see how the process that you outlined for me works.

-Carmelo

#8576 09/07/05 08:18 PM
Carmelo Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, Ray. I'm really glad that you mentioned how your use of the Sedona Method has progressively improved your life, as I find that to be good news about the process in general.

With regards to your suggestions:

<Youthful Vitality- most of the young kids that I know are realy good at leting go, and being present in the moment.>

That one never really occurred to me, though now that I think about it a little bit, maybe it could. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

<Positive relationships- with yourself!!!>

I agree wholeheartedly. This one will be at or near the top of my list.

<Prosperity or abundance for life- an abundance of bliss and emotional freedom>

Both excellent ideas. As it so happens, I decided that this would be the week I would get back into the abundance for life program, and this could easily be one of my seven goals. In fact, it will be.

<I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Your intuition may be your best guide here. What resonates for you?>

Well, I initially tried New Behavior Generator, Session B. I actually have a copy of Hale Dwoskin on DVD doing releasing instructions in front of an entire audience. It did not work at the time for me, but, as I have stated before, I think that has more to do with my state of mind than anything else.

Also, Belief, particularly Session B, calls to me. For some reason, things tend to work very well for me when I use the program in general, regardless of which session or sessions that I use.

Whew! It seems that I have my work cut out for me here in terms of listening to the programs, but I'm glad that I do.

-Carmelo

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved