Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#8586 09/01/05 02:16 AM
OP Offline

Paul mentioned in the teleseminar that depression is the result of a stuck state cycle
where instead of a having a feeling of confusion leading to excellence you insist on a feeling of certainty leading to frustration and helpnesses. [I really wanted to ask paul this, but never got a chance :-( ]

How then knowing this can one use Paraliminals to conqour depression. What else can be done to get over depression?

#8587 09/01/05 03:49 AM

Alex

Are ya'll going to put a written version on the forum? I was still working when the teleseminar occurred...it was 3 in the afternoon here. Or is there a way to hear a recorded version? I was so sorry I had to miss it.

Thanks
nickie

#8588 09/01/05 05:38 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Nickie.

They weren't planning to make a transcript before the teleseminar. The rule of the thumb is we have to see how it worked out. Recordings don't always work out as well as we like so we make no promises. See what happens.

DavinderS.

Firstly don't limit it to "conquering Depression. " You wind up creating a battle of will with the self. As Paul has said it's when you have moved to Frustration instead of confusion (something which apparently you might be experiencing right now because you are asking a what next step)

Frustration is a feeling of hopelessness.

Confusion is a feeling of yeah but what comes next. Neither are comfortable but at least when you are confused you are still looking for a solution.

In PhotoReading we try to welcome confusion but also want to steer the learner away from frustration. Here we offer the NOPS model
Notice it, Own it, Play with it, Stay with it.

Natural Brilliance is Release, Notice, Respond and Witness. It's a continuous loop like a juggler balancing spinning plates on sticks. He has to make sure they have enough momentum to keep spinning so he's moving back and forth give the ones that are slwoing down a bit more of a spin.

So how are you going to move out of depression with the Paraliminals? One Paraliminal at a time.

New Options Generator can be a place to start. Remember afterwards you might feel confused it's a borderline balancing act to stay with confusion and not fall into frustration and depression. The Idea is to stick with asking questions and looking for solutions. Asking if I weren't depressed what would I be doing instead? The first thing to do is generate some alternatives. Things you can do differently now. If've you've deen depressed for some time you might not even know the original course. If you do then New History Generator would be the Paraliminal to use to get you back to accepting confusion looking for opportunities to move around the problem.

Next you might need Anxiety Free you've got an idea of what to do.but feeling anxious about whether it will work or not.

Which order you might use the Paraliminals in or which one is best right now is not a definate answer. You are going to be able to make a better guess at that than anyone else.

You know that depression is the result of frustration. Now you know that opportunity to move forward lies in embracing 'frustration's' cousin 'confusion' then you can take the path of action.

It's one step at a time. Like the journey of one thousand steps you have to start with one.

I just had a curious thought. I wonder what would happen if instead of saying "I'm so depressed." one started saying instead, "I'm so confused"? Perhaps using the New History Generator.

Alex

#8589 09/01/05 09:46 AM

Greetings!

I would just like to add my request to Nickie's - for transcript/recording/... of teleseminar.

We had massive electrical storm S.Coast UK - which tickled my PC in places it should not, so unable to receive email in time
Just got the notification email 01Sept 10.00gmt.

The email sure got me fired up about wanting (needing) to listen to Paul - I just ordered the full library and starting with an 'edge' sure would benefit me...

Alex K.V.

What should we do now - concerning keeping in touch with LSC regards possibility of getting 'any' type of session transcript???

Cheers

Tim

#8590 09/01/05 10:44 AM

I can only suggest we wait and see. If a recording becomes available an email will go out.

In the mean time I invite everyone who did listen in on the seminar to shar what they thought was significant to them. Sharing it with others keeps it fresh in your memory.

So why not post what you learned. For the sake of the others who missed out one way or another.

Alex

#8591 09/01/05 12:48 PM

I want to also request the transcript or a recording. I never received the email with the instructions for the teleseminar.

Also, it seems that people always ask the same questions about Paraliminal, i.e.:
- How to use them?
- What sequence?
- How many time to listen a day?
- How to use the sleep tracks?
- When to stop listening to a specific tape?
- Etc
A FAQ would be handy. Or some type of Handbook. I have almost all the Paraliminals and often I am not sure how to use them.
Thanks!

#8592 09/01/05 03:22 PM

I missed the teleseminar also. I stopped using my paraliminals because I didn't feel like I was gaining from them. I am sure I was not doing it wrong. Please let me know if a transcript or tape becomes available.
thank you

#8593 09/02/05 06:47 PM

Team,

I was able to make the teleseminar and found it helpful. Perhaps the most significant take-away for me was the strong affirmation by Paul of the importance of intention. Even adding a personal pre-listening affirmation highlighting the purpose of connecting to the proper internal resources necessary to accomplish our goals. I'm embarrassed to note that too often I simply plunked on the headsets, lay back, and went with the flow - the initial intent wasn't very clear, and I think that has inhibited some of my results.

The only CD that I have struggled with, so far, is the Dream Play; I'm looking to enhance my Lucid Dreaming capacity, and I'm hoping that this tip will boost that.

So, Thanks to all who made the call possible, and thanks to those who asked some good questions!

Take care, and have a great weekend!

#8594 09/06/05 08:35 PM

Hi All,

I also listened to the teleseminar, which came at the opportune time of 2 days after I received the Ultimate You library, so I’ve been checking out some of the tips Paul gave with a pretty fresh view.

One question: Does anyone have any suggestions for PL(s) that will help with undirected anger? Often when I listen to a PL, for no apparent reason I'll start getting angry. New History Generator seems an obvious choice, but it doesn't help when I can't identify the origin of the anger. Any tips would be welcome.

Regarding the seminar, I agree with cjbooze about the prime importance of establishing intent, and with Alex V. about using one PL at a time to work through an issue. Paul also suggested using multiple PLs to work on the same issue, and if you wanted to listen to more than one in a day, he suggested listening to each session only once that day. (He likened the single session to planting a seed. You wouldn't plant a seed, and then dig it up and plant it again. You'd let it take root and grow, going back later to tend it. So it is with the PLs.)

For example: I have some pounds to lose (ahem!) and the Ideal Weight PL is the obvious place to start as an aid to the general process. I had in fact been listening to it for the two days before the seminar. At Paul's comment, I looked through the other PLs and mapped out a little one-day course: Anxiety-Free (to alleviate fears I have about losing weight), New History Generator (to help me change views that negatively affect my eating and exercise habits), New Behavior Generator (to help me change my ways), and so on.

Since yesterday was a holiday here in the U.S. and I planned to be doing stuff all day at home, I listened to my "seminar" PLs throughout the day with "weight loss" as the connecting intent. Today, I feel different. It's hard to describe. Lighter, somehow (though my scale read the same this morning!), as if I have less to worry about, less need to eat inappropriately. Nothing is different in my life in general, but I feel that I am different. Now I'm paying attention to exactly what may be different, so I can act on the changed attitudes rather than slipping back into my old habits. And I will of course be going back to the PLs, following the instructions.

A note to Tamar:

Paul laughingly said in the seminar that we can't just sit around listening to paraliminals, we have to go out and create our lives. He clearly was speaking "half in jest, full in earnest". I inferred that if we listen to PLs and expect our lives to change for the better, our attitudes will probably change but our lives will not -- unless we take notice of those changes and, day by day, put them into action. Perhaps, Tamar, you weren't doing enough in the follow-up stage. I don't suggest this as a criticism, but as a memory: Some time ago I bought the Anxiety-Free audiotape and, despite following the instructions through numerous playbacks, I didn't see any benefit and I stopped trying. Now I see that I was approaching each session as a cure, not an aid. Perhaps this is not what you were doing, but perhaps it was an element? If it was an element, I urge you to try again using the NOPS and/or Natural Brilliance models that Alex mentions in his post when you start to feel the effects of a PL. I hope this helps.

Pardon the long post. (Teddy Roosevelt pointed out that he could give a 2-hour speech immediately, but it would take a month or so to write a 2-minute one!) I'll end this novel with the request that the good people at LSC consider creating a transcript or summary of the teleseminar for those who weren't able to attend. I also suggest that an FAQ be put together for Ultimate You Library owners because of the many options available to them that aren't necessarily open to people who own one or only a few PLs.

Have a great day!

#8595 09/07/05 03:50 PM

Hi All,

Me again. A quick question: I was just looking at some posts and saw one from Grant that mentioned something I must have missed in the teleseminar: Grant said he heard Paul say we should use no more than three paraliminals a day, to avoid overload. Anyone else hear this? I obviously missed it completely, because I used five for my little experiment on Labor Day and had a wonderful result (that, by the way, continues).

Let me know, please.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved