Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8642 09/08/05 08:05 PM
OP Offline

Hi all,

My mom usually has a lot of problem sleeping. She wakes up a number of times at night. Doesn't get enought rest. And usually from 4 am she is pretty much awake - until it is 5:30/6 when she wakes up for her work. She usually have a lot of dreams involving people around her - home & abroad - and usually the dreams have some negative hint. She sees people who shouldn't/cannot be where they are or weird things.

I gave her deep relaxation once which puts me to sleep but not her. I am a bit hesitant to do anything with Dream Play as she is already experiencing dreams sometimes at a highly undesiarable level which causes her too much worries and restlessness. She does have high blood pressure and taking some medicine for it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

#8643 09/08/05 11:45 PM

Try doing Image Streaming and you keep your speak internally. Not, out loud. This info. was in the genius mind course. I find it works great for me.

#8644 09/09/05 05:08 AM

DesertSphinx

Do you have New Behavior Generator? Your mom might try it with the intent to sleep peacefully for the entire night.

Good luck to her and to you.
Blessings
Nickie

#8645 09/09/05 04:23 PM

I also have weird dreams. Take a look at Part A of Dream Play. It isn't about remembering dreams (that's Part B), but about shaping them. I tried it for the first time last week when I went to bed. My intent was to dream a pleasant dream that would help me with weight loss. Not only did the paraliminal nearly put me to sleep (which Paul says it's designed to do, if that's what you want), I got a fabulous night's sleep and woke up fully energized and cheerful the next morning – and didn't remember a thing. Maybe the same will happen for your mom. Hope this helps.

#8646 09/09/05 08:44 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for your helpful ideas.
Neo, I don't have genius mind course and not done image streaming. Maybe I'll learn more.

Hi Nickie, I do have NBG - haven't thought about using it for sleeping purpose. I'll see what happens. The hardest thing is to get her to sit down to listen to the paraliminals - "All those people talking & talking in both ears - I don't like it" - that's what she says (I love the paraliminals).

daBick, do you listen to part A sitting down & then go to bed? Otherwise someone can fall asleep & go straight to part B.

#8647 09/16/05 02:34 PM

I have trouble sleeping too. My wife is a deep sleeper, so I used her as a model with NBG. I found it worked...but only to make me want to SLEEP IN everyday. Did not prevent me from waking up through the night.

I went to a sleep clinic, did a 2 night polysomnogram, and found out I have obstructive sleep apnea. That means I stop breathing 30 times per hour at night...very dangerous. SO now I need to learn to sleep with a machine that keeps my throat open, time for NBG again to help me with that.

Some insomnia are psychological, some are mechanical, and some are neurological. Certainly, try paraliminals, but also get her to see her doctor. Some of these conditions, like the one I have are life threatening.

Good luck, and Good night!

vitaman

#8648 09/20/05 06:45 PM

Dear DesertSphinx,

I'm so sorry to take so long getting back to you. I forgot to check this again after my last post.

I have listened to Part A lying in bed only. I almost fall asleep if I'm really tired, but for some reason the start of Part B wakes me up no matter how tired I am. I don't know if listening to it would have an effect or not. My mom goes to sleep all the time sitting up, so I don't know that that would help. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion?

Good luck!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved