Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8700 09/21/05 08:56 PM
OP Offline

How have you used Natural Brilliance?

What applications have you done with it?

I am trying to use it in relationship situation but I am getting nothing to RESPOND with!

Thanks!

Hi Annapolitan

How I understand it, is that the Respond step is the 'just do it' step. Your opportunities, chances and choices are noticed(Notice) and a response generated by your creativity in between the Notice and Respond steps, at the time of the Respond step you act, so you must have already had some idea flash into your mind for a possible response before you get there.

So it seems that for your situation you must focus on improving your noticing. Try using the Prosperity paraliminal to make you aware of the abundance of the opportunities, chances and possibilities you Notice in the Notice step of your Natural Brilliance.

Also use Prosperity to increase your awareness of the abundance of choices for Responding in your particular relationship situation.

For me personally, responding had also been a problem, but I'm finding that the 'Elusive Obvious' things that are in the front of my mind in the situations have become less elusive, so that I can express what is on my mind openly and honestly. That is to "speak the truth in love".

Another thing is that if you are not able to Respond go back to Releasing and Noticing some more. Releasing and Noticing is to be done 80% of the time, and Responding and Witnessing is to be done 20% of the time. The 80% Releasing and Noticing assists you in having more opportunities to Respond to.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You cycle through each step of Release Notice Respond Witness. You'll never actually go back to Releasing and Noticing without Responding and Witnessing the Results of your Response.

It's like playing chess. Your Opponant has just made a move and now it's your turn so first you must Release. That means releasing any other actions you thought your opponant might have taken and Release on the fact that that is the move that was made.

Now you Notice the layout of the board and explore the possible options. You might only have one or two that seem worth considering or you might have more.

You Respond by making the move of your choice.

Then you sit back and Witness the result the move that comes next.

The reason I use chess to compare Natural Brilliance is because the game naturally follows the Natural Brilliance cycle.

The decision not to repond is in fact a response of non action. You get to sit back and witness the results you get with non action.

If the universe or other person does not respond to your action or non anction. That is exactly what you are Witnessing. That was the move that was made and its your turn to Release, Notice, (what worked or didn't work. And consider other courses of action. Once you selected one you Respond with that course of action.

Alex

Hi Alex
My Natural Brilliance just came in the mail last night,and I tucked into the book right away. I plan to start the audio course and workbook today.

I realy like your metaphor, it shows the process as cyclical, ongoing, and even though chess is sophisticated, very child-like. I love to watch young children as they go about experimentation "I wonder what will happen if..."

I will be delighted if I recapture that in my life!

Thanks for the post, it is so timely...

OP Offline

Thanks, Alex! Very enlightening response.
The illusive obvious " If the universe or other person does not respond to your action or non action. That is exactly what you are Witnessing"

Now, can anyone add specific examples on how they have used Natural Brilliance?

Thanks!

Hi Annapolitan

Well, too early to say what I have "used" it on...as I just got the material Friday evening, and I'm half way thru the course.
But I am willing to share my goal and what has happened so far, and keep you informed about how it unfolds.

Paper has always been my demon- I mean that I have historicaly been disorganised with paper and paerwork and files.

The diagnose step did not enlighten me, but it did line everything up for processing.

The release step was quite effective- very different than Sedona, but they can work togather, I am sure. This step took me from feeling bad about being stuck, to feeling neutral to feeling curious about it.

Notice- This step continued to neutralize polarities and feelings, but since I started with a work context, and have been home all weekend, I will have to wait and see what I notice. I also saw and understood the stop signs at this step, which I did not see during the diagnose stage.

I spontaneously tidied the mess in my den- did not hit the papers yet, my den has become a depository for the stuff my wife and kids don't know where else to put...THAT is what I started to get under control. I felt quite motivated, and it wasn't a "chore" at all.

I will read and listen to respond this morning and MAYBE witness this afternoon if I get a chance. I will let you know what comes of it.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved