Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone,

Today is Jewish New Year so Shana Tova (Happy New Year) to everyone. May all your dreams come true!

Now back to my question… I’m starting a new online business (and still working hard on my two existing ones), so there’s pretty much work to be done!
I need to sleep much less and be more productive than I am today. I’m NOT a morning person, and it’s extremely difficult to me wake up early.
Moreover, my body demands at least 8 hours of sleep (which is a LOT), otherwise it just refuses to function properly. If I don’t sleep enough,
I feel terrible: I have nausea and headache; I have “a vacuum” in my stomach, I feel like a zombie and behave like a b----

So I was wondering if 10 min. supercharger could help... Or maybe there is different paraliminal I can use.

Also it would be great to finally boost my creativity: I’m an artist (well, used to be one) who is currently suffering from a serious lack of creativity. I'm wondering what paraliminal could help...

Your help is much appreciated,

Jade

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited October 03, 2005).]

Hi Jade,

I also have trouble getting up in the morning, unless I have something to do like catching a plane. Last Saturday morning, I tried "Get Around Too It" (Part A, because I hadn't done it before) to see if it would help me "get to" a number of really hated tasks -- and I was up and doing them in no time! It was amazing: I accomplished two tasks before realizing I had actually gotten up early on a Saturday to do housework!

I haven't tried 10 Minute Supercharger in the morning, but it seems like a good idea. Why not try it and see? I plan to.

As for creativity, I write, draw and sculpt and, like everyone, sometimes I dry up, sometimes right in the middle of a project. Have you tried Image Streaming? I learned it from Win Wenger's book The Einstein Factor, and it can be a great help. I particularly like the "leaping over the wall" exercise. (As you likely know, Dr. Wenger has collaborated with Paul Sheele, but I haven't gotten Genius Code so can't give you any input on that.) I also find that when I'm feeling down on myself my creativity goes into hiding. "Self-Esteem Supercharger" has helped in this area. "New Option Generator" and "New History Generator" also help with creativity because they encourage me to use my imagination in specific ways, and this leaks over into other areas.

I strongly suggest you avoid thinking of yourself as someone who "used to be" an artist. "Once an artist, always an artist" is a cliché but a useful one.

As for getting back into it, probably the most helpful advice I've ever received was from a drawing instructor who said, in essence, "Get out a big piece of paper and put something on it. It doesn't matter what. A line, a dot, a squiggle. Anything. Then keep it up until you've covered the entire page, from side to side and top to bottom. It may well look terrible, but that doesn't matter. While you were drawing, you were getting into the swing of drawing." Try it. Force yourself to go on and before you know it, you'll have finished a piece. The first one will probably be dreck. Give yourself a limited time frame to go back and fix it as best you can, and then without thinking about it too much, go on to the next project. Before you know it, you'll be much happier with your creations, you'll be able to give more time to conceptualizing them without getting down on yourself for not being creative enough – and the most important thing about them is that they will exist!

Good luck, Jade,
Danielle

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Danielle,

Thanks a lot for your response and your advice.

Well, I haven’t read The Einstein Factor but I heard of “Image Streaming” technique. Gee, it was so long ago I completely forgot about it…
I didn’t try it then because I didn’t really understand the benefits of this technique… Actually, I still don’t
You tried it, right? How did it work for you? Is this book worth reading?

Thanks!

It’s hard for me not to think of myself as “used-to-be” an artist just because my creativity dried up more than 5 years ago ;(
I’m speaking of creativity in general – in all aspects of my life. I tried to force it but…

Hi Jade,

Yes, I read the book and think it is worth reading. Dr. Wenger also recorded it on CD; I got them both from the library. I think the CD helped me learn image streaming because, at first, I was able to follow along with the spoken instructions. It isn't something you force. Mostly, it's glorified daydreaming. Whatever comes, comes, and then you think about it and try to figure out what it means. The book explains that quite well.

As for general creativity drying up years ago -- com' on, Jade! Don't give up! I learned a long time ago that everybody's creative. Dishwashers have their own way of washing dishes that works best for them. Ditchdiggers dig ditches in ways that work for them. That's what creativity is: You bring your Self out in what works best for you when you do anything. If you've ever washed a dish, dug a hole, and certainly if you've drawn anything at all, you've demonstrated creativity. It doesn't go anywhere except into hiding. It's still there and you can lure it out again. If, for the time being, you have to trick yourself into remembering that, then so be it.

Image streaming isn't really trickery, though, nor is it forcing anything. It's more like watching a movie unfold, and after it's happened, you realize you created it yourself.

Try the "draw anything" technique. If you find it intimidating, start with a 3x5 card or even a tiny post-it note and gradually increase the size of the page. It really does work. As for image streaming, it's just one of many techniques in The Einstein Factor. If you think of it as a form of daydreaming, that will take away the pressure to "do it right" because there's no wrong way to daydream, is there?

Good luck!
Danielle

Learning Strategies Admin

Jade with the program you've set yourself... less sleep to build another online business... And then wanting to get into the creative swing of things. I see a problem of overwhelm. You need to find the right balance for all the things you do.

While the Paraliminals discussed are all helpful I think you'd be better off with the Natural Brilliance course. So you can Release, Notice, Respond and Witness in a timely fashion. You may sleep less and become a bear with a sore but with the Natural Brilliance model you be able to get done what needs to be done better.

On the creative front. Grab a stack of magazines with pictures that you like. (Cartoons if you want to develop cartoon skills). Next grab a ream of copy paper and set a timer for 1 minute. Take the first picture and copy elements of it. As much as you can draw in 1-minute. Turn it face down and do the next one. Do five to ten 1-minute drawing in a sitting. At least one sitting a day for 3 week. A no time look at your completed drawings until the end of 3 weeks. Then compare your earliest to latest and I sure you'll find the creative flow again.

Alex

I'm just curious Jade - what type of online businesses do you have or planning to start?

Hi Alex,

Jade speaks of her "need to sleep much less and be more productive", but I think maybe she means that she wants to know how to need less sleep. Since I have no clue how this can be done, I didn't address it. I'd like to know, too. I find myself sleeping too much when I'm out of sorts or have overeaten. I can't take an afternoon nap at work, but I try to get in a 10-15 rest when I get home at about 6PM, and that helps a little (instead of 8 hours of sleep, I'll need 7 to 7 1/2). I'm leery of using the 10 Minute Supercharger for this purpose, although it's great when I'm dragging, but it doesn't seem to be about physical balance.

Can you provide some insight on this?

I agree with you about the possibility of overload when trying to both jumpstart creativity and develop a business, on top of day-to-day life (family, friends, job, chores, etc.), but I've found that balance comes after overload when you're really stuck. That is, you admit you don't know what you're doing; you start making attempt; this leads to making mistakes, including being out of balance; then you adjust.

Can you recommend a gentler way?

Thanks,
Danielle

Include an exercise and meditation routine in your day. Especially exercise.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved