Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85550 10/20/16 11:51 PM
Key915 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say, it's lovely to finally be on this forum as a member. I've been lurking for quite a long time, maybe a few years, and decided not to contribute because I hadn't given photoreading the full go yet. I recently took the Mindfest this summer and just started using the techniques deliberately. These past few days I've read 2-3 full book pdf's from my computer. I have felt satisfied with my comprehension and recall with them but I'm slightly concerned about the time I took--- especially with activation.

Each book took me about an hour and a half to activate one time by super dipping. I wrote questions on my computer's notepad in the mind probing stage and went through the book super dipping and writing down my answers to the questions.
I'm unsure about whether the time I'm taking for activation might be a bit too long for this... I had 32 questions for the Natural Brilliance book. Is that too much? And if it's too much, how do I manage to extract all of the details from the book?

In continuing with the system, I do intend to mindmap the books as opposed to write down answers to questions in notepad. I've just found it more convenient so far to do it that way since I've been practicing at night and not been bothered enough to get out the pens and paper.

Otherwise, all things are running nice and smoothly from my end.

Thank you for this spectacular reading method and in advance for the advice.

Learning Strategies Admin

Experience increases the speed. Reading on computer screens and backlit devices naturally slows reading a further 25% Lots of reasons for that. So reading pdf files most people read slower in the first place.

Look at the traditional reading times. Most people have told me that time it takes is between 6 and 12 hours to read a 200 page book (interesting survey that I did on a university campus, handing them a book of 200 pages and asked how long it would take to read it.) No one aid less than 6 hours, many said 12 hours and others said they wouldn't even finish it.

So 6 hours for a book plus 25% on e-devices, spending 1.5 hours in total is excellent for a beginner. Once you have activation as a second nature you'll probably find what you need faster.

Keep experimenting and playing with the system. Once you make it yours you'll refine further.

Alex

Key915 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the swift reply, Alex.
I'm delighted to hear that.
I'd just also like to ask, with the mind probing questions, I've been a bit specific. Is it fine to be targeting general ideas when creating the questions, like turning a heading to a question? Like, how would you treat that?

Last edited by Key915; 10/22/16 07:46 PM.

Depends on what you want. Sometimes you'll find that while the author is very informative, they don't specifically answer the question you seek, even if the title of the book implies that is what they will explain.

This is why I recommend before anyone gives up, try another book on the subject. If you're an avid reader in the traditional sense you've probably thought, why did I waste my time with this book, I didn't find what I expected it to tell me or the author didn't explain it do I understand.

General questions, ideal to get things rolling, to start activations. A good journalist usually has two or three general questions they ask the interviewee. For two reasons, to learn if the person is informative on the subject and two, to find better questions, based on their answers.

A poor Journalist has a list of questions and never deviates from them. This means they miss a lot of opportunities to explore deeper what other information the person has to share.

Now here is the real secret of success with PhotoReading.

The author is a person. And the reader is a journalist, anyone who reads something is looking to learn something from someone else. If they write a report on it they are seeking from all the information a person (author) is at that time able to provide on the subject they are looking to write an abbreviated version as they (the journalist) has uncovered it.

If you can put a face to the authors name and ask questions, yes some questions will seem to have been sidestepped or gone over the head. You get them later or asking the question again in a different way.

Alex

zee Offline

i have photoread a couple of times , i have a doubt whether more than a book can be photoread in a single day ? if so then how will the activation process be done ? . Regarding the activation part mind mapping is too time consuming can you help me on that . during photoreading , the blip page appears and then disappears is that a problem ?

PhotoRead as many books as you want. Apply the 5 day test to the books you choose to activate.

If you find mind mapping time consuming, you're trying to go into too much detail and lost your purpose.

Use the imaginary x-technique, if the blip page goes missing or eludes you.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved