Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8806 10/15/05 11:53 AM
OP Offline

Can anybody tell me some good techniques they came up with for using afformations

#8807 10/16/05 04:23 AM

Hi Charles

Check these postings, there are a few ideas:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001292.html

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited October 15, 2005).]

#8808 10/16/05 11:48 AM
OP Offline

I already read that post thats why I bought the book and I already starting to notice a difference. I was just wondering some other systems people came up with to make them even more effective. For example somebody said they use them 5 of them for 3 mins each. I just wanted some ideas I also have some paraliminals. If anybody can give me more ideas I will glad to her them.

#8809 11/16/05 04:53 PM

Hi Charles,

I think I was the one who was spending 3 minutes on 5 different afformations, I increased the number of afformations I was doing which was good in the summer as I had plenty of free time, the effects I noticed were that I felt good after the session, I didn't notice any long term changes.It probably wouldn't take Einstein to figure out that this probably had something to with the amount of Afformations I was doing and Rome wasn't built in a day etc

In the past while I've been concentrating on one afformation, I've got into the habit of saying the afformation anytime I think about it (it took about a week..I think I mentioned this in the post mentioned above of getting into a habit) and I'm DEFINITELY noticing positive changes.

As far as the paraliminals are concerned I still use them, but the only one I have used with Afformations is Personal Genius and as it was a big project I did notice some small positive changes.

But the bottom line to all this is that what works for me may not work for everyone else and vice versa.

Hope this helps
Joey

#8810 11/17/05 08:25 PM

I missed the recent topic on Afformations, but I read the book _Permission to Succeed_.

Afformations are easy, and I don't think they need a program. I use them to change my mood.
- If I'm uptight, then I ask myself "Why am I so calm?" or "Why am I so relaxed?"
- If I'm feeling down, then I ask myself "Why am I so happy?"

I'll ask myself the question 5 times in a row. By the third question, I am feeling good and/or smiling. By the fifth question, I am at the point that I won't stop smiling for hours.

It's simple medicine.

I will meditate when I get home tonight. I'm going to relax and ask myself the following questions:
- "Why do I enjoy my job so much?"
- "Why is my job so easy?"
- "Why do I want to get to work in the morning?"
Then I will relax and let the results sink in. I haven't tried this, yet. I expect it will work very well.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved