Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

What's the best course of paraliminals for self-limiting behaviors (Anxiety, Fear, Self-doubt)? Should one start with basic meditation (Himalayan meditation course) or specific paraliminals that deal with those issues?

For someone with a mind that races with self-limiting thoughts and the impending fear that their best effort is never enough.

Last edited by mpalmer99; 03/13/17 03:38 AM.
OP Offline

Also, What's the difference in tackling the issues with paraliminals vs. traditional self-hypnosis?

Learning Strategies Admin

One can use specific Paraliminals for the areas where fear and doubts come in. Where you doubt, grab the Paraliminal for that.

Self-Esteem Supercharger is always a good choice in such a situation if you don't know which Paraliminal to choose.

Self hypnosis is talking to yourself after taking time to relax yourself. Usually requires frequent attempts with mixed results.

Guided hypnosis is when someone or an audio guides you into a relaxed state and often uses affirmations.

Paraliminals are not self hypnosis and no affirmations. If you want to know more about Paraliminals I recommend reading the articles link at the top of the http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/Home.asp page.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks...What would you recommend to help someone learn to quiet their mind? "Deep Relaxation" paraliminal?

How would such a paraliminal help in the future with controlling one's mind? For instance, trying to control racing thoughts. So, instead of the paraliminal session being the focus - what's the future benefit of a relaxation session?

Letting Go is my choice.

Deep Relaxation is great too. Especially when the body is tense,

You might consider Break the Habit or New Behavior Generator for "trying to control".

By the way, trying, is a short form of saying, I expect to fail so why should I bother but I will pretend to bother so that they think I at least made the attempt. wink

Alex

OP Offline

I disagree that "trying" is a form of failure talk. Actually, I always tell people to embrace the idea, "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly" (G.K. Chesterton). Going into something with an undue sense perfection is a sure-fire recipe for failure. It puts pressure on us to succeed. Which causes a host of other problems.

Many times, success comes in doses and different forms. So, we have to be gracious enough with ourselves to fail if needed, maybe many times. Doesn't mean we're a failure, it may mean we need to do something differently. But all we can do is "try." Since no one knows the future we can't presume we'll be greatly successful @ all things. I agree that we should speak positively to ourselves, but for me "trying" is a form of experimentation. If I know someone that wants to overcome their problems, but are afraid to take the first step, I might tell them to suspend judgment on results and just "try" and see what happens.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved