Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Has anyone heard of or used this taped PLC? Image streaming is claimed to be part of the course. I found it at the Nightingale-Conant web site.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator
Administrator

Yes. Got it years ago. Image streaming is one short piece of the whole course not as effective as what I later learnt with the Genius Code I realise now that it was simply too short and didn't really have a good purpose.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks Alex. Did Lee Pulos get into developing visualiztion skills other than imagining cutting & smelling fruit?

Administrator
Administrator

LOL that was someone else who created the tape using the fruits (it's not readily available on the market).

Lee Pulos is a hypnotist and most of his tapes used hypnosis to help you learn new skills. Image streaming was how he helps you to develop your visualisation skills and like I said it wasn't very much, perhaps a 5 minute exercise in image streaming itself.

If it is for developing your visualisation skills that you are looking at this course for, then it may disappoint you. I've owned it since 1993. It doesn't excite me as far as training of visualisation exercises are concerned. I had the abridged version as well and that one in my book had everything required when it came to visualisation.

All the visualisation training/exercises are on side 3 of the the tapes. The rest is explanation and then application to for things like goals, self esteem and self healing. Still very useful training with postive application of your visualisation skill. Very similar to the Silva Method. I guess because I trained in the Silva Method this seemed like a poor mans imiation. In principle it all works quite effectively.

If it's only the visualisation skills you want... hunt down the 2 tape abridge version.(image streaming was on that too). If you want something that is somewhat similar to the Silva Method course with some visualisation thrown in, then this course does that.

It isn't only about visualisation... like the Silva Method it's about using your auditory, kinesthetic, smell and taste senses of your mind as well.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks again Alex for that thorough and quick reply.

I have an introductory tape about the Silva Method and there's a little there about visualizing a special room with a desk and a filing cabinet. I'll have to check this out again.

Cheers!

Focuskid, you do not need this or that to "learn to visualize", or anything, really. You are, simply, and it remains for you to realize your own self-nature. I was once caught up in this or that technique-- some helpful, some not-- if visualization is what you want than you can teach it to yourself: establish dream recall, remain in the hypnagogic state and observe the images there, relax deeply and allow images to come then interact with them simply and consciously. Verbal description, as in ISing, can come in handy but the attentive self-observation and interaction is foremost for unfolding your self-power-- for that you must drop this and that, and simply practise without "practising".

This message goes for one and all,
Kristoff "Faustus" Olafsson

OP Offline

Kristoff Olaffson: You make a valid point in that creative vizualization comes naturaly or more easily in a hypnagogic state. However, it has been my experience in the past that visualization can be enhanced through exercising the mind to experience sensory input (touch, smell, taste, etc..).

When I practiced regularly, it was like exercising certain parts of my memories of my conscious experience. So much so, that I was able of mentaly will myself to cut off all sensation to a limb. This was done in a deeply relaxed state and after a few weeks of practice.

I know that the present train of thought in many Hypnotherapy circles is that the hypnogogic state is a state that can tap into unlimited potentials of the mind. I consider that a theory with very little clinical evidence to support it (so far as I've read).

Anyway, thanks for your post. Always a pleasure to debate this cool stuff!

Cheers

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited August 10, 2003).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved