Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8972 12/14/05 08:13 PM
lb Offline OP
OP Offline

ideal weight has worked for my friend but she aint eating much and she feels it cause of the cd but today she had a craving for junk food and after she ate she threw it up because she felt guilty i am worried bout her any advice?

#8973 12/14/05 08:40 PM

It think this highlights two issues. First of all, that the paraliminal is working, and second of all, that your friend is in need of professional help. It’s not the CD that did this to her, but her own underlying psyche about her weight issues. Let me explain.

Someone close to me used paraliminals and mediation to reach their “ideal” weight, which is a very subjective goal by definition. People with weight issues never seem to reach their “ideal” weight, and this person imagined and mediated on being in a concentration camp, starved of food as a means to reach that goal. It worked so well, and her subconscious picked up the queues, and the net result was that she was hungry ALL the time. In essence, she defeated her own goal with the imagery and the MEANING that she gave to the process.

The CD is the tool, but we make this stuff happen all by ourselves. Help her by getting her professional help. Guilt is never a good sign.

Just my 0.02 worth.

[This message has been edited by educk (edited December 14, 2005).]

#8974 12/15/05 01:54 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The Paraliminal encourages you to healthy eating and to aim for a weight loss of 1% per week of your current body weight.

In other words the Paraliminal wants you to take it slow. I don't think it is the Paraliminal alone doing that. Your intention and expectations when you put the CD on plays an important role. Some people can listen to a CD with nothing but relaxing music everyday for a month and believe that the music will program them to change. Just the act of doing that everyday for a month is a powerful program alone.

You don't need to use a Paraliminal for a month however some people will approach it the same way, determined to believe that is required to work. And their experience is a result of their most powerful expectation.

I suggest your friend use the Positive Relationship CD. I'm sure if a child or someone she loved ate some "junk food" one day she would forgive them. Knowing that it's not wise to do it everyday but an occasional taste can and should be enjoyed. She needs to give herself the same respect.

If you're going to do something enjoy it. If you don't want to enjoy it why do it?

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited December 14, 2005).]

#8975 01/04/06 07:54 AM

1% of ones body weight can be pretty fast. Then again, I'm 279.

I'd advise listening to side B, perhaps on a daily basis for a week. Everyone has slip-ups from time to time. We know what foods create health and energy and which ones don't, but we also know which foods we enjoy.

The trick is to enjoy the foods that create health and energy.

It really sucks to be fat. My advice is that if the Ideal Weight CD isn't working to heal the emotions, to pick up Belief. This is perhaps the most powerful Paraliminal out there.

I recommend it because there is a common belief that fat people are like that because obesity is God's Punishment for sloth and gluttony. The counter belief is that while we may know on an instinctive level what foods create life for us, we were raised by perhaps well meaning parents to have bad eating choices and habits from a VERY young age. We became addicted to sugar before we could understand concepts like addiction, let alone metabolism or obesity. There is a lifetime of programming to undo.

What helps me is remembering the affirmation that is part of almost every Paraliminal program. "In charge of your life, in charge of the mental patterns that order your life." I consume food, food doesn't consume me.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited January 05, 2006).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved