Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jalal #86208 05/03/17 08:40 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You can always ask.

Figure out how much time it takes you to process a book or a chapter without the PhotoReading system. Once you learn PhotoReading you should be able to complete it in 1/3 the time or better. If you not achieving that. Look at your purpose. Shorten your activation layers, do more shorter ones rather than trying to get it all in one sitting/ layer.

Alex

Jalal #87701 08/31/18 05:07 PM

Greetings, My Full-Time college student here and I see Mr. Veifhaus is an expert with P.R and College; so may I ask you some questions?
I'm a beginner photoreader and

1- When I do my chapter notes (mind mapping), after doing 1-4 steps, How long should I spend on Mind Mapping my chapter(s)? 20 minutes, hr?

2 - Can I copy the table of contents to structure my M.Map, ask questions, (incubate 20 -30 min) then Activate the chapter(s) and pull important trigger words, ideas and phrases when
super Read-Dip, skitter or rapid read and add to my M.Map?

3 - Having three subjects, once I'm done mind mapping for one subject, should I take a break before I start with my next subject, 5-10-15 min?
Repeat the cycle: Prepare, Preview, Photoread, Postview, Activate (mindmap)...

I'd greatly love to hear your input.

Jalal #87702 09/01/18 12:56 AM

continue thought of something else. So before at times I find myself want to revert back to my normal habits. In math after reading a section if I don't understand it I go to tutorial videos online...
4) After I activate my section of calculus ( activate 2 or 3 times to build my comprehension layers) I still don't understand it, can I still revert to the tutorials but bump the speed up
to 2x, while having a relaxed mind etc?

Thank you soooo very much and I can't wait to hear from you.

Mercedez_CA #87703 09/02/18 12:37 PM

Hi,

Alex Viefhaus is not a male she is a female. And she is a very nice lady. She also is a very powerful photoreader. At this time Alex is not the moderator of the photoreading forum.

Dana Hanson is currently the moderator of the photoreading forum. Dana is a very powerful photoreader as well. He has a wealth of experience and expertise in Photoreading.

Before you attempt to learn photoreading on school studies it is highly recommended that you don't. It has been mentioned numerous times on this discussion forum not a good idea to try to learn photoreading on school material.

So what should you do?

First learn and master photoreading on simple books say for example a self help book. Learn how to photoread on 20 books yes you heard it right 20 simple books. After you have successfully activated 20 simple books books that don't have a grade attached to it after you can prepare, preview, photoread, postview, mind probe questions superead and dip skitter and mindmap successfully then you can start using photoreading on school material after you have proven competency with the techniques.

You see it would be a challenge to try to learn photoreading and school studies at the same time. Actually it would become a distraction and hinderance from focusing on your studies.

So after you can successfully apply all the techniques of the photoreading whole mind system on 20 simple books non-school books books that don't have a grade attached to them then you can start using the photoreading system on school books.

You will have much better results and retain more by mindmapping for 20 minutes STOP! Go take a 7 minute break go for a walk get completely away from the books after your 7 minute break mindmap again for 20 min then another 7 min break mindmap again for 20 min take a 7 min break mindmap again for 20 min but after you have mindmapped for 90 minutes it is time to take a 15 min to 20 min break. You will get much more out of it by doing it this way instead of trying study for 60 minutes with no breaks.

The beauty of photoreading is that a complex subject such as calculus becomes easier as you photoread it because photoreading involves the non-conscious mind the part of the mind that can attend to 20,000 things going on at the same time whereas your conscious mind can attend to 6 to 8 bits of information at a time.

So if you know how to do the photoreading step definitely photoread your calculus book on a regular basis. Start photoreading your calculus book every day for 2 weeks after that photoread your calculus book once a week during the semester. Again learn and master the activation techniques on simple books do not distract yourself from your studies trying to learn activation techniques on school textbooks if you know how to photoread fine photoread the textbook but don't try activating a textbook until you can prove to yourself you can successfully activate a simple book.

First we learn to crawl, then we learn to walk, then we learn to run.

Do not look for or expect miracles with photoreading. A experienced photoreader can take a college textbook that would take someone else without photoreading it would probably take that person 90 hours to do that textbook whereas the experienced photoreader could activate and do that book in 30 hours.

And remember as powerful as photoreading is you still have to work on the questions you still have to do the problems you still have to do the work.

What photoreading delivers is 1/3 the time where without photoreading you would have spent 90 hours on a textbook with photoreading 30 hours on the textbook.

Photoread4me

photoread4me #87707 09/06/18 09:59 PM

OMG dope! Sorry to Mrs. Alex!
Thank you photoread4me. I greatly appreciate your advice. I'm confident with photoreading steps I was just a little unsure specifically on math, how to mind map that subject. I was finding that I was putting too much pressure on myself and trying to get photoreading right! That's the beauty about photoreading. We can play with it and see what we like and what we don't like. I am a firm believer that Photoreading works. Again thank you for your time and advice.

I know I'll be able to run in the future

M

Last edited by Mercedez_CA; 09/06/18 10:01 PM.
Jalal #87721 10/16/18 04:36 PM

Hi Mercedez,

First tip would be, to re-PhotoRead the math books once a day for 3 days in a row, and add the closing affirmation after you're done flipping: :"Inner mind, these are the math problems I need to learn how to solve, so I can achieve the highest passing test score possible."

How many pages are in your math textbook?

And, how much time are you given to get through and learn/comprehend each section?

Dana

Jalal #87722 10/16/18 04:41 PM

When you ask a question, your inner mind goes on a search for the answer, and it brings up the necessary association structures so you can achieve your goal.

I suggest re-affirming your purpose and re-PhotoRead your math book(s) once a day for the next couple of days. Since it is heavily detailed, a quick re-PhotoRead will help strengthen how all the patterns of text are absorbed into your non-conscious mind;

“My purpose for PhotoReading & activating this math book, is to be able to understand the formulas and apply them with ease.”

Then, after you close the book, give yourself these closing affirmations:

“What in this information do I need to know to help me master the formulas and solve the problems?

“What do I need to do to overcome my personal barrier to becoming an excellent math student.

“What can I do to develop a love for math?

“How can I begin to see, understand, and appreciate the mathematics in everything around me?

And, right before you begin a study session, give yourself this affirmation:

“inner mind, bring up the necessary association structures, so I can quickly understand how to solve these math problems.”

Let me know how this helps!

Dana

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved