Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

A request for guidance please?, Which paraliminals would help eradicate flashes of annoyance or anger and subsequent counterproductive behaviour (in uncalm effort to remedy the problem at hand)? With my kids. With my parents.

I’m not easily pushed over the edge in general, but I have young defiant independent curious kids and overly helpful stubborn parents, neither of whom listen to what I say at times. It’s no fun having to say something 57 times and still be ignored, especially when it’s about something important (health, safety, well-being etc). I don’t enjoy not staying cool, nor the consequent effects on all my good relationship building efforts. Getting angry sucks.

It doesn’t happen often and I’m told from independent sources I’m far cooler than others might be, but this remains a problem for me as I want to hold a higher standard for myself and be a good role-model for my kids (as well as kinder to well-meaning aides). I want to be and stay consistently more resourceful regardless of what other challenges I may or may not be going through.

My aim is to be SuperSkillful as a kind resourceful supportive and loving parent as I raise my children to fully engage in, enjoy and thrive in this journey called life, and ultimately equip them such that they cherish being the best they can be and fulfill their highest radiant potential.

I have a lower level of responsibility towards my parents obviously, but in essence similar sentiments would be nice as a daughter.

Any thoughts?

A.

Last edited by Annabella; 10/24/17 10:38 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin

You need to use Positive Relationship. If people trigger annoyances or anger there is relationship issues. Anger usually shows up mostly when expectation don't match the reality.

Also use, Letting Go, Gratitude and Deep Relaxation or Sleep Deeply Awake refreshed.

From there let your intuition guide you, you'll know what's triggering you more often than not. Look at the list of Paraliminals and consider the trigger, you'll be drawn to one and that's the one you should use.

Alex

OP Offline

Wow,..okay, that’s useful to know. Thank you.
I will work through these things. What you say makes sense... especially about expectations and reality.

... much for me to think on... I’ll work through these things. Thank you Alex. Really glad I asked.

OP Offline

Alex, a question. There are 5 primary relationships I want to work with. When I listen to a Paraliminal, say the Positive Relationship one, do I have to focus on one relationship at a time? Or can I effectively do a joint listening for my children?

With my parents and siblings it feels right to work on each individually. But with my children, I’m struggling to dedicate a listening session exclusively to one of them individually, I feel I want to work on them simultaneously. I’m wondering whether I’ll be compromising results and this is just Mom-guilt, or its my intuition saying devote it to them as a whole.

Some of the issues we experience are very normal boundary testing just as with all children their age. They do however have very distinct personalities so issues are sometimes more intense in different ways depending upon how they respond. It is though pretty much all the same stuff though....

... ugh, getting slightly confused as to which the right way to go is. I hate leaving any of them out in the cold, they do vie for attention at times and although I do a pretty good job keeping it balanced most of the time, this need to give each of them what they need simultaneously is hard work and energy draining at times.

Parenting is such hard work!

OP Offline

PS I forget to mention that I noticed a greater sense of relaxation and ease within myself since I started even though I’ve only just started on this prescribed course. And I’m noticing moments of such deep exuberant joy and appreciation for each of these loves in my life. They really are amazing individuals, incredible incredible remarkable blessings from the Divine. I am so truly blessed.

Thank you for your help Alex, I may soon have pure peace and harmony abounding and overflowing in our home as a state of natural grace. Wouldn’t that be nice! (And so nice for them too!)

dbo Offline

I would do all of the children in one session, and then have follow up sessions on them individually if needed. Just get started, and see how it goes.... And please keep us posted, as I am also interested in healing my family relationships.

I suggest one session got the lot. They probably all know how to push the same buttons, they learn from each other what works on you. If you find they have special traits, then use the Paraliminal as needed.

Parenting can be a challenge. I suggest the Belief or Letting Go Paraliminal to modify the idea that parenting is "hard work" . Remember what you affirm intentionally or not is the foundation of your reality. So you might prefer something like parenting is a joy?

Alex

OP Offline

Thank you both for your replies. I’ve been a little unwell so it’s taken some time to get back to this thread.

I can confirm that setting the intention for all of these relationships for the same listening session worked very well. I noticed marked differences immediately afterwards each time I’ve listened. Although over the weeks I’ve needed to listen maybe four times or so, the results have been very very impressive.

There is still more work to do I feel. I want to be able to take everything in my stride no matter what. I’m certainly on my way, but I think I need regular application of these Paraliminals. I don’t know if this will eventually just become my naturally cool way eventually, or I’ll have to keep listening regularly forever (some of the issues with two family members keep coming back for some reason). Either way, it’s totally worth the effort. The resultant me after listening is someone I really like too. I keep impressing myself with my responses. The way we easily or at least calmly and confidently glide over and straight through issues is so good for my little ones.

I haven’t yet done the letting of parenting is hard Paraliminal yet. This is on my list to do now. I have a feeling this ones going to be a gamechanger...

Thank you Alex. This work has been very insightful.

Thanks dbo too.

Things that keep coming back, there was something to be gained from the experience originally. Or perhaps it's simply forgiveness required? Give New History Generator a go. Go back to the original experience, You left some resources behind in that experience and it keeps showing up so that you can gain from it.

Alex

Ok, thank you, will do this.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved