Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#969 08/31/03 08:58 PM
Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi forum,

I'm on day 10 of HTT 30 days program and I'm having a hard time everytime I do a session. It first started being a playful thing, but it has degenerated to a struggle. It has taken me almost 3 weeks to do these 10 days, you can see I've been delaying the sessions.

I think it was in the course where I read/heard that it's best to not do regular I.S. while in these 30 days.

The problem is that everytime I've to do HTT I feel anxious now, the 2-1-1 min routine feels too rushing to me, the streams feel more canned and I can rarely make any sense of them. I know, I'm on day 10 yet, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

So the question is if it's ok to do regular I.S. everyday while doing the HTT program.

Maybe it'll help me to alleviate the tension HTT is putting on me.

Thank you!

[This message has been edited by Rogin (edited August 31, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

Just do 3 image steams without a time limit. Let them go for as long as is comfortable and you can keep describing. I usually have the 3 image streams done within 10 minutes.

The HTT challenge is really most effective if you do it on consecutive days. By all means feel free to regular image stream along with the HTT.

Alex

Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Alex, I'll try that.

Curiously, a few minutes after posting the message, I felt a tension release so I did another HTT session. Got clear images, without much anxiety and then, before looking at the question I spent 15min (usually I give up after 5min) trying to figure out what the streams had in common.

I wrote down all the out of context stuff I got. That helped me to realize a few details that would have scaped if I didn't spent those 15min. Anyway the streams didn't make much sense and had only one thing in common.

I'll report back in 10-12 days.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

I don't think it really matters if you do other imagestreaming while you're doing the 30 day challenge. "You get more of what you reinforce".

Having done the 30 days, I got much better at the process of letting the stream run and describing it. I remained dissatisfied with the "answers", many of which remained impenetrably metaphoric.

So, one day, I thought I'd do a little experiment. I came up with ten questions on a particular topic. The questions tended to be more specific than my previous htt ones. Some of them were "yes" or "no" questions, which seemed inane but I threw them into the hat anyway. Then I did 5 htts in a row, choosing from those 10 questions. This took about an hour. At the end of it, I had a lot more clarity on the topic, and much clearer, more immediate imagestreams. And, the metahors became more accessible.

Interestingly, none of the "yes" or "no" questions were among those picked.

--Brian

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved