Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9270 03/15/06 02:29 PM
dan2004 Offline OP
OP Offline

I've experimented with self-help tracks in the past, such as those from Wendi.com or xtrememind.com and havent really received much benefit. I dont want to rule them out as having no benefit to me yet though, and have thought about perhaps I didnt listen to them regularly enough. I've now set myself a goal of listening to Self-Esteem Supercharger two times a day and in fact so far have listened to it 3 times yesterday and will probably be able to put in another 3 times today. Two questions I want to ask about this though:

1/ Is this too much? I wouldnt want it to be overkill. If the third listen brings little benefit thats fine, but I wouldnt want it to take away, maybe by making me bored of the track or smth.

2/ I listened to it on and off for the last week in the bus and would always 'go down' pretty deep. I'm quite sleep deprived nowdays (sleep 5.5-6 hours a night) - I dont feel it much when I'm doing something or at work but this could be the reason I get sleepy during the tracks. I'm not sure if I actually fall asleep or just go down deep. Yesterday I was a lot more lively on my third listen and I noticed things in the track that I'd never heard before even though I'd probably listened to it at least 5 maybe 10 times by then. So my question is, is it OK to be sleepy / fall asleep during this? With some guided visualizations I know one should follow along but this isn't guided, he's just saying things, and in fact with the dual-induction thing going on it seems one is not supposed to be able to pay attention anyway. My sleep cant be THAT deep because I'm on a bus and I cant really fall into a deep sleep so soon.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!
Dan

#9271 03/15/06 03:39 PM

Hi Dan

With response to your questions, personally I havent listened to the same paraliminal more than once a day, not because Ive heard that you shouldnt really do this but because I also listen to other paraliminals. I did read somewhere that listening only once would be more than okay but personally I cant see why you shouldnt be able to listen to the same more than once (someone correct me if im wrong!) as long as you leave at least 20 mins before each listen, or longer. At the end of the day though even if that last listen didnt have any particular benefits for you in the way that you would like it to, its still a nice way to relax away from the stresses and strains of the day and Im sure you will feel better for it.

Regarding your 2nd query. Personally I seem to drift off quite often when listening to them. I think that it would be very hard not to sometimes, especially if you are a little tired or dont get as much sleep as you should, as the Paraliminals are so incredibly relaxing. I did read a post somewhere that falling asleep while listening to them would not jeopardise how they work though.

I think it best not to fully concentrate on Paul Scheele's words but just let yourself go, drift away and see where it takes you. Also try listening to the sounds and/or words in the middle more than putting all your focus into his words from side to side alone.

Having said that, sometimes I have wondered myself if I am actually asleep or in such a deep state of relaxation that it feels like Im asleep. Im not 100% sure though all the time but whatever state Im in It works for me : )
Also one thing I find that helps me relax further is to concentrate deep breathing for a short while from the stomach instead of the chest at the beginning of the session. This does help and after a while I breath like this automatically.
Although It mentions this kind of breathing on Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, I use it a little for all Paraliminals to aid relaxation.

How have you found listening to Self Esteem so far, are you noticing any benefits for you? Do you feel happier after you've listened to it?

Simon

[This message has been edited by SiMar (edited March 15, 2006).]

#9272 03/15/06 05:12 PM
dan2004 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Simon!

Thanks for your quick reply

> as long as you leave at least 20 mins before
> each listen, or longer

shoot, is that necessary? my first and second listen are hours apart (before and after work) but if i do fit in a third listen i'd like to do that right after the second one (getting back home the bus takes about 45 mins and i wont be listening to it once i get home). well no big deal, even twice a day should be decent

> sometimes I have wondered myself if I am
> actually asleep or in such a deep state of
> relaxation that it feels like Im asleep.

u mean u wonder this WHILE you're asleep / relaxed?! that sounds pretty cool. are you able to control yourself at those times? (say, moving your arm or something).

> How have you found listening to Self Esteem so
> far, are you noticing any benefits for you? Do
> you feel happier after you've listened to it?

Nothing yet but I havent been regular so far. Earlier on I was listening sporadically, now I've started 2 or 3 times a day since day-before-yesterday. Lets see how this goes! Dont notice any change in mood right after llistening to it though, often I'm asleep and am forcing myself back to being awake

Cheers!
Dan

#9273 03/20/06 03:44 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Too much mate.

You're telling your mind you don't expect it to get results with the minimal listening. Once a day with a purpose for listening is enough. Listen to the Self-Esteem Supercharger once a day for a week and then give it a break.

Give yourself a chance to notice the changes. As long as you are continually listening you're not acknowledging any successes and listening to one particular Paraliminal more than once a day you're saying you don't trust your mind to get results.

Ease up play with another Paraliminal. If you want to extend the listening session to make it longer, rather than repeating it from beginning to end use the sleep learning track on the bus. After the first two tracks repeat track 3 until you're ready to stop. Then play track 4 or if you miss it before your stop just count yourself up and say something positive like I have confidence in me. That bus trip is more than enough in a day.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved